Dalewood UMC Connection
December 13, 2015
Supper 'n Serve
Wednesday, Dec. 16th, 6-8pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
Make plans to join us on Wednesday, Dec. 16th at 6:00 pm for our Supper 'n Serve. We will be making Gingerbread Houses!! If you have never made a Gingerbread House, you are in for a treat. Each house will be $10.00 which includes pre-assembled house and extra candy and icing. We had a great time last year. If you want to decorate a house, you can email, text or call me @email@example.com or 615-336-5467 to let me know. I will need to know if you want a house or if you want to share a house.
After assembling our houses, we will write cards to the teachers at local schools thanking them for their service and dedication to our children. Come on and join us. It promises to be a fun evening.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Keep our lay leadership committee, leadership council and church leaders in your prayers as they continue with plans and ideas for next year. Many exciting ideas are in the plans and they will be sharing them in the near future.
Volunteers are needed to help cook for Second Helping on Thursday, December 24 @ 1:00pm. They will be preparing a Christmas meal for the patients, staff and families of Hospice. There are jobs for all ages so please help if you can. They also need desserts so please donate if you are able.
- Our next Supper 'n Serve will be on Wed Dec 16th @ 6:00pm. It promises to be an exciting evening (making Gingerbread Houses, packing toys for 61st Ave. Toy Store, and writing cards of encouragement to local teachers). Please plan to join us.
- Debbie Bryant is asking for your help in collecting blankets for the Homeless. She feels a strong call to collect as many as possible and needs your help.
- The 61st Ave Toy Store needs volunteers to help sort toys between Dec 1-17 and to help shoppers from 18-21. If you can help, call them @ 615-292-7184
- Don't forget to make plans to help cook for Second Helping Christmas meal on Dec 24th @1:00PM. Your help is needed!
- Don't forget your registration for Warmth in Winter is due by Sunday, Dec 13th.
- Join us on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- Remember to join Miss Lisa and make a Gingerbread House on Dec. 16th @ 6pm.
- The children's ministry is continuing collecting items for Care Packages. A list of needed items is in the Narthex. .
- Through January, we will be collecting hats, scarves, gloves, blankets and tube socks for the homeless. They can be for all ages because some whole families are in this situation and need help. You can leave your donations in the Giving Station in the Narthex and their will also be a list of items to donate in the same area.
We will begin collecting toys for the 61st Ave Toy Store this month. They need toys for all ages (especially babies & teenagers). This is it the last distribution center for many families
They are asking that toys be delivered to them by Dec 17. They need 100's of volunteers Dec 18-21 on their shopping days, but also to help Dec 1-17 to sort toys. Call the church at 615-292-7184 if you are able to volunteer your time. If you would prefer to send a monetary donation, please send to 61st Ave UMC last minute toy store, 6018 New York Ave, Nashville,TN 37209.
The Worship Team and SPRC committee have met and finalized the new job description for our Ministry of Music. Please be in prayer for them as they continue their search for just the right person. One of the requirements is they must be able to play an instrument. If you know someone who might be interested, please contact Jay Dawson or the church office.
- Don't forget to share the spirit of Christmas this year by helping out in the many projects that our church and children's ministry are donating to this season. You can be a part of brightening someone's holiday.
- We are thankful that Robbie Adcock and Matt Goodwin have recovered from their pneumonia. Pray for the homeless as the weather turns cold this weekend.
- We pray for Billye Willette who will be having surgery, and for Joyce Yates who was in Skyline Hospital, Jim Atwell who was in Centennial Hospital and Preston Hill who spent several hours in the Emergency room last week. Thankfully all are recovering at home.