Liberty Academy Newsletter
November 7, 2019
Career Center Anyone?
NCAPS Open House
Graduating Academy seniors from LHS
All Graduation information for Liberty High School seniors and their families can be found by visiting the LHS website, and clicking on Graduation, found under the Student Life heading.
- Each graduate will automatically receive 7 tickets to the Graduation Ceremony. There is no fee associated with tickets.
- You have the OPTION to request up to THREE extra tickets, per graduate.
- To request extra tickets, please click here, or use the request form on the Graduation web page. All requests are due by Friday, March 13, 2020. Requests are date and time-stamped.
- Notification will be made by March 27th, to the email address provided on the form, if your extra ticket request has been approved.
Need help for Christmas?
For families that need help in Clay County for Christmas:
Northland Christmas store, through North Cross Methodist Church
2019 Applications will be taken
- Saturday, November 9 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13 - 4:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
North Cross Methodist Church
1321 NE Vivion Road
No Phone Service
You Must Bring:
Copy of 2018 Income Tax Return
OR ALL of the following:
Lease or copy of property tax for proof of address
Proof of income
Social Security Cards for all family members
Legal birth certificate for each child
Photo ID for those 16 & older
PLEASE DO NOT BRING CHILDREN
Clients may not seek assistance from more than one agency
Christmas Store Shopping Date: December 9, 10, & 11
More information may be found here.
North students can take the ASVAB
Liberty North High School is offering the ASVAB test on Wednesday, November 20th at 8am. There is no charge. If you'd like to take this exam, contact Mrs. Streu ASAP (but NO LATER than November 13th) to sign up!! email@example.com
Fill out the FAFSA
The 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) became available October 1, 2019. The 2020-2021 FAFSA is for August 2020 through July 2021.
Any senior wanting to attend post-secondary summer classes, (June and July 2020) must fill out a 2019-2020 FAFSA in order to receive financial aid.
Please see the following handouts for more FAFSA information:
- Best Practices for Creating an FSA ID
- FSA ID Username and Password Information
- 2019-2020 FAFSA Checklist – Have These Documents On-Hand
- 2019-2021 FAFSA Checklist
- Announcing MCC-Maple Woods Campus FAFSA Frenzy and FAFSA Completion Events for 2019-2020
Note that FAFSA Frenzy and Completion events are for any student planning on attending any post-secondary institution.
Online applications must be submitted by midnight Central Time, June 30, 2021. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 14, 2020.
Missouri - For priority consideration, submit application your application by February 1st. Applications are accepted through April 1, 2020, by midnight, Central Time. Awards made until funds are depleted.
Check with the college(s) you are interested in attending and/or contact the Financial Aid Office. School deadlines are usually early in the year (often in February or March, although some are even earlier now that the FAFSA form is available in October). You may also want to ask your college about its definition of an application deadline - whether it is the date the college receives your FAFSA, or the date your FAFSA is processed.