This Week at Windsor 10.16.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
It's been a great week at Windsor! It was so wonderful to welcome our hybrid students back! You can just feel the energy back in the building, we are all looking forward to welcoming 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade next week!
- Please remember to send your child with a mask each day they attend school. No gators or masks with vents are permitted.
- Please remember to send your child with a lunch, we are not offering lunch service at this time.
- Please remember to stay in your cars at arrival and dismissal if you are in the Drop & Go Line on Windsor Drive or in our Main Entrance circle. If you would like to meet your child outside of your car, please park on any of the surrounding side streets.
- IAR scores will be sent home with in-person students on October 22nd and 23rd. Remote students will receive theirs by mail. If you prefer we mail your child's scores, please email Mrs. Sporano, email@example.com.
- Just a reminder, there are NO pets allowed on Windsor property, we have many students with allergies.
- When calling to report an absence please refer to the self-screener, https://www.sd25.org/Page/1506, and list any of the symptoms your child is exhibiting in your voicemail. If your child has a fever, please state what the temperature is.
Of course, just like everything else this school year, Halloween will look a little different. We will celebrate on both October 29th and 30th for one hour each afternoon. We are asking that students wear orange and black on the day they attend school in-person. Students who are participating remotely may wear their Halloween costumes! There will be activities planned by our amazing PTA volunteers. Your child's teacher along with the PTA volunteers will be sending more detailed plans soon.
Please continue to check the Windsor Hybrid FAQ as you will find more detailed information regarding arrival and dismissal procedures.
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- October 19th- Windsor's online order day for Capannari's Coolest School Contest!!!
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.
Windsor Spirit Wear - Thanks to all who placed orders. More information will be coming about picking up orders in the next few weeks.
Virtual Chess Club - Gather a group of friends and join virtual chess club. Run by the same teachers we have had in person, there are many time options available. Use the coupon codes below for discounts on registration. Go to www.IlinoisChessTeachers.com to register.
Windsor saves $10
WindsorSibling2 saves $20
WindsorSibling3 saves $30
Restaurant Night - Our first restaurant night will be November 5 at Buona Beef in Mt. Prospect. Save the date and more details to come.
Veterans Day - Although we are unable to celebrate with our annual breakfast, the committee is working on other ways to recognize our veterans. More info to come.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there. We are pushing the October date back to let everyone get into the swing of the new schedules. See below for the new dates.
November 4 - 7PM (virtual)
Mrs. Stella's Station
Halloween is right around the corner! I know many of us are wondering how to bring some Halloween fun to our Wildcats during the pandemic in a safe and fun way. In this week's Stella's Station, I've found a resource that contains a bunch of Halloween STEAM-related activities. You will find everything from ghost towers to Harry Potter wands on leftbraincraftbrain.com.
There's something for everyone, from simple to more complex! I'd love to see the Halloween fun you design! Make sure you share it with me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on Twitter by tagging both Windsor Wildcats (@WindsorWildcats) and me! (@mrsstella). Thanks, and have a great weekend!