By Kyler Villarreal & Jacob Ellerbrook
First, What is an Earthquake?
A earthquake is the shaking, rolling, or sudden shock of the Earth´s surface. They are the Earth´s natural means of stress release.
Geological, Weather, or Human Cause
What causes earthquakes is when the Earth´s plates squeeze or stretch, and then huge rocks form at their edges and the rocks shift with great force causing a earthquake.
Impact on The Environment
- It tears the ground apart
- Plants can die
- Trees can fall and animals can die in the surrounding area
Impact on Humans
- Buildings can fall crushing people
- Messes up roads and train tracks
- Homes can fall and people can´t find a place to live
5 things we can do to be prepared for and to stay safe for disasters
- Buildings have been made with base that can move the earthquake so that it doesnt fall and crumble
- we can hide under tables with books covering peoles necks