Fifth Grade Newsletter
September 14, 2017
Smith Elementary Mission Statement
Pine Cove Meeting - TONIGHT!
A Pine Cove parent information meeting TONIGHT from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. You will get your Pine Cove information Packet that night with all the forms to fill out. We will answer all of your questions at that time.
Please join us in the Cafe! Pick up your child's paperwork on a table with your child's homeroom teacher's name on it. We can't wait to see you there!
If you signed up to possibly be a chaperone at Pine Cove, your volunteer background check must be submitted by October 1st to be considered. Volunteer background checks must be done each year. Here is the link:
If your child has special dietary needs, they can be be accommodated. Please designate on the form: http://bit.ly/2vqKReU
There is still time to join Running Club!
September 14 - Pine Cove parent info meeting 6:30-7:30 pm.
September 15 - Dot Day
September 18 - Vision and Hearing Testing - If your child wears glasses, please be sure to send them with them
September 20 - Running Club Begins
September 22 - Class T-Shirt Order Forms Due
September 22 - Spirit Poster Deadlines (for Smith Stampede)
September 26 - Picture Day
* This form is required for volunteers and classroom observers.
* Completion of this form is only required once a year.
* Multiple submissions are not accepted. Keep that in mind when choosing campuses.
* Background checks are cleared at the end of the school year by the last week of June.
* New background checks can be submitted for a new school year starting in July.
* Use your legal name as it appears on your drivers license or other official ID.
* Your Social Security Number is now required information.
Please send in $10 PTA DUES as soon as possible!!!!!! We would love 100% participation