From Our Home to Your Home
Pre-K Activities for the week of 3/30-4/3
Dear Pre-K Viking Family-
In this edition of From Our Home to Your Home, you will find activities to support home instruction for the week of March 30th to April 3rd. These activities and ideas are only suggestions and can be used in conjunction with the Pre-K Calendar packs sent home with your child last week (also see below for each complete packet-April is just below). Additionally, please be sure to follow a "PRR" schedule when you can ("Play, Read, Repeat")!
This week, our Pre-K will be making a transition to the Vernon School District Schoology platform for virtual instruction. More information about this wonderful and interactive platform will be forwarded to you in the coming days (for parent accounts). It is our intention to provide our families with "one-stop-shopping" for virtual instruction and related resources through the Schoology platform.
Thanks to everyone who participated in multiple ZOOM meetings. Please be on the lookout for email invitations later this week so that we continue to remain connected.
A few things to consider-
- Be sure to preview any links to YouTube before viewing with your child as you may need to adjust your ad blocker settings. We cannot guarantee pop ads are "child-friendly" when linked to your home. PREVIEW FIRST then ENJOY!
- Here is the link for our new Pre-K Youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGOvKZaBWFMl1qB8yEX8ig/videos
- Pre-K students need to move! Consider getting outside to play every chance you can.
- Pre-K learning does not need to be "formal" as all home activities are proven to be educational. Putting groceries away serves as a valuable platform for learning to follow directions, work cooperatively, sorting/matching, and teamwork.
- READ, READ, READ! Read as often as you can and "READ THE HOUSE"! That means, read directions, labels, ads, ingredients.....
Stay healthy and take good care!
We miss you,
The Walnut Ridge Faculty
Vooks is offering free memberships for families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Check it out here!
Audible story of the week - The Wheels on the Bus - click the link below!
More "Songs of the Week"!!
Action Song ~ Hold on and ride the Roller-coaster!
Storytime with the Hamilton Trio ~ A must-see!!
Try these activities at home!
- Read, read, read, then read some more
- Playing with blocks
- Playing with Legos
- Sensory bins (use pasta and rice to hide treasure)
- Looking at books
- Playdoh (Make a snake, a pancake, and a ball)
- Pretend play
- Build a fort (inside - under a table)
- PLAY IN THE SNOW!!