PowerSchool and Schoology Updates
September 1, 2021
Important Dates in September
- September 1: Dibels, STAR Reading, and STAR Math Testing continues through Sept. 17.
- September 1: PowerSchool Parent Portal Opens
- September 2: Letters Sent Home or Available for Parent Pickup
- September 3: PowerSchool Online Enrollment Deadline
- September 6: Labor Day/No School
- September 8: Schoology Parent Portal Opens
- September 9: 1st 9 Weeks Progress Reports Go Home
September - Attendance Awareness Month
Also, please review the following LCS Attendance Policies:
- Any student missing 18 or more days of school is considered Chronically Absent. The 18 days includes excused, unexcused, medical notes, surgery, and any other day that a student is counted absent.
- Each student has a limit of 10 parent notes per year without a doctor's excuse. These notes should be used for personal illness.
- Students have 3 days to turn in a parent note, doctor's note, or other required documentation to receive an excused absence.
- Once a student has 5 unexcused absences, the parent must meet with the school resource officer (SRO).
- After 7 unexcused absences, the student is considered truant and may be required to appear in court.
PowerSchool (PS) Online Enrollment Ends Soon
Parents and Guardians,
During the past two weeks, each LCS parent/guardian should have received an email or letter explaining the new PowerSchool Online Enrollment process. To ensure all student contact information is accurate and up-to-date, we need everyone to complete online enrollment as soon as possible. Parents can use a laptop, desktop, or Smartphone for online enrollment. Anyone needing technical assistance can check with their local schools to set up an appointment or stop by during designated times. The deadline to complete Online Enrollment is Friday, September 3.
PowerSchool (PS) Updates
Parents and Guardians,
For the 2021-2022 school year, the state of Alabama has introduced a new student information system called PowerSchool SIS. PowerSchool SIS has replaced iNow and provides parents with a digitial record of student grades, schedules, attendance, and annoucements. On Wednesday, September 1, the PS Parent Portal will open for parent access. By Thursday, September 2, parents will receive a letter on how to access and use the parent portal. To find out how to login, please review the video and PDF links below.
Schoology (SY) Updates
On Wednesday, September 8, Limestone County Schools will share the Parent Portal for Schoology. Schoology is our new student management system for students, parents, and teachers. Teachers can post announcements, assignments, study guides, and other resources in one location. This will improve communcations for everyone and will especially be helpful when students miss school due to sickness, quarantine, or other absences. Please review the parent guide below for more information. On Tuesday, September 7, LCS will share a How-to-Video so parents can login to the Schoology Parent Portal.
General, Weather and Emergency Messaging System
Press # during the call to place the broadcast on hold for 2 minutes until you are ready to listen.
Press 1 if you are having trouble hearing the message and it will restart.