Edition #17-December 7, 2015
NO POWER, NO PROBLEM
Our Cafeteria Staff make bag lunches for students who may not get a lunch at home and our specialists deliver them! #SouthStarLove
How many state employees does it take to put up a Christmas Tree? LOL...Thank you Penny, Sandra, Linda, and Dominic for the TEAMWORK.
Tis the Season
Thanks to everyone for combining learning activities with this holiday season.
I choose Happiness
Keep on Smiling South STAR Family in all we do!!!
- 1st grade Holiday Program at 6:30-7:30 in the Gym
- MTSS meeting day from 9:30-12
- Preschool Foundation Training 1:30-4 at RR
- Early Release Day at 1:00
- Early Release PD for Teachers is an EdCamp at RR 1:30-4
- Interim Reports
- Principal Team Meeting at MMS from 9-11:30
- MGSD School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) meeting from 2-3 at MIS
- GOTR 5K at Catawba College
***Upcoming...PTSO Meeting from 6:30-8 on 12/14, 12/15 is Chick-Fil-A from 5-8.
THURSDAY December 17th will be SOUTH Staff Christmas Gathering from 4:30 until...Location TBD and coming soon!!!
***DECEMBER 18th is a FULL DAY FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF
***January 18th is MLK Day and South is going to be advertising the Charlotte Hornets game that day at 2:00. We have blocked off a bunch of tickets and hoping to have a fun Day with ALL SOUTH family (Families and Staff).
Happy Birthday to You!!!
Office and Staff Communication
- Staff let's work together to keep the front office informed. If you are aware of a custody issue that will affect picture distribution please let Cindy know, if needed we can order two copies of picture packages.
- During the school day if you leave a voicemail with a parent please let the Front Office know so we know where to direct the phone call when the parent calls back.
- Finally during conferences please let the office know your last appointment so we can ensure the door is left open.
3rd Grade STAR Tutoring
TECH WORK ORDERS
We will be changing the links on the Digital Resources Page, as well as the link on your desktop shortcut. The old link will also provide a page with a link to the new website.
Please update your bookmarks if you have the website saved. The new site is: https://techhelp.mgsd.k12.nc.us/ You will be required to login to this website with your AD credentials (the same username and password you use to login to your laptop).
This new system is more robust and will provide better reporting and accuracy for us to provide you all with better service.
E-mail Policy Reminder
B. RULES FOR USE OF SCHOOL TECHNOLOGICAL RESOURCES
1. School district technological resources are provided for school-related purposes only. Acceptable uses of such technological resources are limited to responsible, efficient and legal activities that support learning and teaching. Use of school district technological resources for political purposes or for commercial gain or profit is prohibited. Student personal use of school district technological resources for amusement or entertainment is also prohibited. Because some incidental and occasional personal use by employees is inevitable, the board permits infrequent and brief personal use by employees so long as it occurs on personal time, does not interfere with school district business and is not otherwise prohibited by board policy or procedure.
SHOE AND CAN Drive TOTALS
Canned Food Total: 486
Shoe Total: 187
***Nice Job SOUTH STARS.
Still accepting Book Donations until the 18th
Still accepting New Toys until the 11th.
‘Tis the season for us to start printing Santa Letters again. The Mooresville Tribune will be accepting letters from now through the end of day (5 p.m.) on Dec. 17. Questions about how the letters should look or be brought in please direct those to Jessica.
Also, if you could note that any letters received after the aforementioned deadline will be published on the web only. Thank you.
General/School & Education News
Direct line: 704-696-2946
Mooresville Tribune Main Line: 704-664-5554