Staff Update, 12/20/2019
Glows and Grows
Glows: Sometimes I feel like the week before holiday break is less like 5 days and more like 12,343 days. I found myself being very short with my tone when it came to working with student behaviors. I appreciate your professionalism, your hard work, your planning, and your care. I saw some amazing lessons this week but I also saw some "I am ready for a break lessons". And that is ok. Take advantage of this 2 weeks and get some rest. We have a lot of work when we return and the kids need us!
Thanks to those that committed to sending home postcards home this month. I appreciate it!
Grows: I had two teachers respond to the prompt below. Thank you to those teachers. Even if you don't actually email me or stop to chat, I hope you are able to reflect on the questions below. I had an interesting conversation yesterday about student effort and student outcomes. It had me thinking that ultimately, if something we are doing isn't effective, we have to work together to find another path. For all students. I know we always do! Thank you.
As you transition into 2020 and the second half of the year, a few questions:
1. How are you using formative data? What systems does your grade level have for keeping track of learning for all students?
2. What is your instructional focus for your own classroom instruction? What do you want to improve on? Share with me =)
3. Do your students have regular opportunities to talk in planned academic conversations?
1/2 of Puppy Reindeers
GIRLS on the Run, Spring
12/23-1/3: NO School, Winter Break
STAFF MEETING CHANGE to January 14th @ 3:10 in the library
Attendance, Student and Staff/Reminder!
If you are concerned about a student who is missing school, reach out to the family or to Karen and we will work on making a contact with a family to chat through whatever is going on. Sometimes, a postcard or good news referral for a student missing school goes a long way.
Remember, I track school wide attendance here! One of the best things we can do to find success for our students is to celebrate their presence and to make sure we are the ones leading them each day! Thanks for your commitment.
1. Please let me know if you have submitted a Donors Choose project. Send me the link and I will be sure to include it in my parent newsletter and on our Facebook page.
2. If the project includes furniture, it must be approved by our purchasing department. If you send me the specs ahead of time, I have no issue sending it to the appropriate staff for approval.
3. Send me any photos AFTER the arrival of the project and I will also include that in any parent newsletter/FB/IG post.