Week at a Glance
I am in Lowell for a three day onsite review of Tri-Creek School Corporation. I am looking forward to learning lots about the NCA onsite review process and of promising practices that the school district has implemented. The last time I did an NCA visit we were under the old standards so that part of the process will be new for me. I know I will come away with a better understanding of what the standards are and what they "look like" in action.
The onsite review process is intense, and I will basically be unavailable until late Wednesday night. If you have an immediate need, please email me and note that it is of high importance. Each evening the NCA onsite review team will have work sessions, so it may not be until late in the evening before I can respond. Josh has graciously switched his days at WC this week. He will be in the building on Monday and Wednesday instead of Tuesday/Thursday so he can help you on those days. :-)
Have a great week, everyone!
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- Karen gone
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--NEHS meeting
- Karen gone
- mClass and IRI reading testing ends
- fire drill
- Karen gone
- 7:15 a.m.--Grandparent's Day
- IRI data due to Karen
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Stephanie, Jessica, & Karen
- 1:30 p.m.--case conference--Lucinda, Deb, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--Six Traits training
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--student council meeting
- Fundraiser orders due
- 7:30 a.m.--staff group photo in gym (Individual photos can be taken right after.)
- 9:00 a.m.--meeting--Karen and NCCF rep
- 3:30 p.m.--gr. 3 weekly notes due to Karen
- GRANDPARENT'S DAY: Just a reminder that Grandparent's Day is this Thursday beginning at 7:15 a.m.! All teachers should be in their classrooms no later than 7:15 a.m. (Grandparents usually start arriving by 6:45 a.m.!) You are welcome to leave early on a day of your choice in exchange for coming in early for this event. Please have an activity for the students and their grandparents to do when they visit your classroom. Students can also give their grandparents a tour of the school and have donuts & juice in the gym/cafeteria. We always have a great turnout for this event! Please help out the parking situation by parking your vehicle in the lot behind the school so that grandparents can park on the playground and front lot. I appreciate your help!
- SAFETY DRILL: We are behind one safety drill since we were not able to fit it in last week. We will have our fire drill as planned this week and reschedule the safety drill for next week. :-)
- PICTURES: Say, cheese! Our staff photo will be taken at 7:30 a.m. on Friday. Please be sure you are in the gym at that time so that individual pictures can be taken right after that. Josh is working on a class picture schedule and will get that to you soon.