By: Amy Tovar and Janice Padron
- Seeing is such a big part of everyday life that it requires about half of the brain
- new borns don't produce tears, until their 4-3 weeks old
- Some people are born with two different colored eyes and its a condition called heterochromia
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors
- Some women can have a genetic mutation that can cause them to see millions of more colors
- About 99% of the population has to wear reading glasses at the age of 43 or 50 because your are starting to loose focus
- Avoid wearing contact lenses more than 19 hours because it can cause permanent eye damage
- Don't sleep with contacts cause they can go under your eye or and can rip a vein if glass contacts
- Before going to sleep add 2 cucumbers to your eyes to prevent puffiness
- Diabetes often detected during an eye exam
- Cold or warm compress can help with pink eye
- As you get older your eye sight weakens and it will start going grey
How to put on and take off contact lenses: ACUVUE® Brand
5 good products to take care of your eyes
- The most frequent eye infection is conjunctivitis which is also known as pink eye, a good product for this eye infection is eye drops.
- Glasses are good for your eyes if you can't see very well.
- Contacts are the same thing as glasses the only thing that are different from them is that you can't tell if you have contacts and it helps you see better.
- Glass contacts help people that have Astigmatism, so it can shape your eye correctly.
- Have a container for both Glasses and contacts s they can be kept nice and new.
- Astigmatism is a condition when your eye becomes oval-shaped (like a football) instead of round, causing distortion when the eye tries to focus.
- Dry Eye Syndrome causes your eyes to sting, tear burn, or feel scratchy.
If you have any problems like these with your eyes go to an optometrist/eye doctor for your own safety so it doesn't go to drastic measures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!