nijojo castle

Flatland castle in kyoto

History

it was built in 1603 by Tokugawa Ieyasu and was in use from 1603-1867. it was constructed in the edo period (1603) the grandson finished the building 23 years later. in 1867 when the Tokugawa Shogunate fell it was then an imperial palace.

Ninomaru palace

Ninomaru palace is 6 building form a diagonal line from southeast to northwest, continuing from the Kurumayose

Big image

the nijo castle gardens

At the present-day Nijo Castle there are three gardens, the Ninomaru Garden, the Honmaru Garden and the Seiryu-en Garden

Big image

Tourism

location 541, Nijojo-cho, Nijo-dori Horikawa Nishi iru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8301

time Opening hours 8:45am - 4pm (the castle closes at 6pm)
*Ninomaru Palace viewing hours 9am - 4pm

entry fee General admission - ¥600 ($6.45)

Junior highschool, highschool - ¥350 ($3.75)

Primary school ¥200 ($2.15)