What We're Learning
We are doing a unit on fiction and non-fiction. This is a review from what we learned in the beginning of the school year, however, we are adding some 1st grade elements to it. Students will have to compare texts on the same subject (ex. dinosaurs) and tell how they know which one is fiction or non-fiction.
We will continue to provide support and activities in letter and sound recognition.
Sight Word List: am, a, are, at, and, big, be, can, come, do, did, for, go, good, give, he, have, had, here, has, I, is, it, in, if, into, like, little, look, my, me, no, not, of, our, play, run, see, said, she, saw, the, to, too, this, they, that, up, we, where, was, what, you, your, yes
Rhyming- a lot of activities over the next few weeks will focus on rhyming which helps build reading and writing skills.
A great way to start communication with your child is to ask:
What is your favorite book?
Can you count to 100 by 1's, 5's and 10's.
Math - telling time to the hour, money, patterns
- NO MORE HOMEWORK PACKETS
- Students should be in the classroom by 9:10. Please make every effort to arrive on time.
- Please check your child's folder weekly. Take out all student work.
- Students who have followed the PBIS rules of respect (being kind to others), responsibility (finishing their work), self-control (safe hands and feet) and safety (walking in the hall, classroom and restroom) will have a stamp on their hand. If your child doesn't have a stamp on their hand, please ask them why.
- WEEKLY fundraiser. We will continue with our pretzel fundraiser for the month of May
- International Night! Friday, April 28. Please let us know if you plan on coming.
- PBIS Field trip, Friday, April 28 to Grant's Farm. Students who consistently follow the rules will be given a field trip. form.
- Botanical Gardens field trip, May 17.
- Kindergarten graduation is May 24 @10:30 AM in the gym. The program should last only 30 minutes.
If you have any questions regarding bus transportation, please call (314)449-9162.
- If your child will be absent, please call the office at 314-481-0420 so that the absence is excused.
- If your child will be going home a different way than usual, you need to call the school or leave a message with the teacher in ClassDojo before 3:45 PM.
- When students are absent, missed work will be placed in their folder. They can complete it at home. It does not need to be returned.
We need boxes of tissue. Please consider donating at least 1 box of tissue to our class. We are almost out. Thanks.