May 10, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• The end of the year is near! How can that possibly be? It's this time of year when I start to look at kids for a few moments longer than usual, reflecting on their strengths, their growth, and wonder about their future--who they will become, how they will contribute to society, and the amazing impact they will have on our world. I am incredibly fortunate to play a part in helping them learn and grow. Thank you for sharing them with us!
• Many, many exciting events in the month of May. Be watching for information for your child's teacher about important dates. Some dates to note at the building level:
~ Roosevelt Carnival - May 17, 5:00-7:00 (still need volunteers!!!)
~ Coffee With the Principal...the LAST ONE! 7:30-8:30 AM at Cub Foods West--May 18
~ Last day of school - June 1
• Speaking of the Carnival...this is a reminder of the items that we need each grade level to donate. Please bring these to the Roosevelt office starting Monday, May 14:
1st & 2nd Grade: 12-pack of snack packs (can be anything--chips, cookies, little crackers)
3rd Grade: package of bottled water
4th BOYS: 12-pack of orange, root beer or Sprite
4th GIRLS: 12-pack of cola
5th BOYS: 12-pack of diet pop
5th GIRLS: 12-pack of Mt. Dew
• School Kits...order yours for next year! Last week the flyer and order form came home to order these. All orders will be ONLINE this year. If you missed the flyer, you can simply go to www.shopttkits.com to order these. The account code that you will need to use is: 30934. This is an amazing service that the PTO provides to families, and it's a great, simple way for your child to get all the school supplies they need. The prices are competitive, and it will save you tons of time (and hassle) in the fall.
• There is still one more week to bring a dollar for the Habitat for Humanity beam in the office!
• Return your TRANSPORTATION FORMS ASAP!!! EVERYONE needs one filled out, even if you don't ride the bus. This is a MUST!!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Donna Nielsen, a Roosevelt volunteer, was surprised with an award for her service to the Roosevelt community. Donna comes every Monday to enter important reading data, data that teachers use to make instructional decisions. Thank you, Donna, for your dedication and service to Roosevelt!!
Teacher Appreciation Week
A big shout-out to the students who planned, organized, and delivered goody bags to the entire Roosevelt staff for Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you to anyone who donated items to this thoughtful project!
May Celebration Speakers
Roosevelt students and staff were so fortunate to get to hear four Senior students from West speak about the importance of respect, working hard, and having a positive attitude. These former Raccoons did an amazing and articulate job of sharing important words of wisdom with the Roosevelt community. Congrats to these brave students!