WMS Friday* Forecast
October 5, 2017 - Volume 7 (Thursday Edition)
Apps Stirring Up Trouble in Schools
WMS Website Tips!
- We have an Activities Calendar on the WMS Website? We do our best to keep clubs, athletic events, music events, etc., on this calendar. Staff members send them to the "Keepers of the Calendar" to be added.
- Both Athletics and Clubs have their own pages on the website? You can visit these pages directly for details on sports and extracurriculars.
- There is a Staff Directory on the WMS Website?
- Our website is searchable? If you type a topic in the search bar on the right side of the Wredling home page, the search engine will provide you a list of related results.
WMS Picture Re-Take/Makeup Day Wednesday, 10/18/2017
D303 Middle School Physical Education Dress Code for 2017-2018
Students, as part of their PE dress code, are expected to follow the D303 dress code. (C.U.S.D. #303 Board Policy #7:160 – Student Appearance)
D303 middle school students are expected to change into PE clothing and may not wear clothes that were worn to school.
Must have sleeves, and follow dress code
Length: Shorts should be no shorter than three inches above the top of the kneecap
Athletic Tennis Shoes:
No open toe or open heel
Students are welcome to wear a past D303 PE uniform. As the weather gets cooler sweatshirts, sweats, leggings can be worn to keep warm.
Seen Around Wredling...
WMS Halloween Guidelines
This year at WMS we are going to allow costumes on Halloween (Tuesday, October 31). Here are my guidelines:
- All costuming must happen at home. That includes any hair of make-up.
- The costume must be school appropriate.
- There are no masks allowed.
- There can be nothing that you carry around that is extra. (ie. weapons, scythes, clubs, dolls, etc.)
- Teachers are expected to teach that day, though they may have Halloween themed lessons.
- There will be no Halloween parties. Or candy. Or other treats. Because you will get enough junk at night if you trick or treat.
- After Halloween, you can only bring a couple of pieces of candy per day. If you bring more, I will get it and eat it. Especially the Take 5's!
An Opportunity For Students Interested In STEM!
Glenbard North High School’s Industrial Technology Department is hosting it’s 1st Annual Middle School Engineering Challenge on Friday, November 10 from 4:30-7:00pm.
They are inviting all STEM-loving students to grab a teammate and join them for this fun extra-curricular activity! The entry fee is only $10 per team and includes materials and tools for the challenge, as well as a pizza dinner for each student.
Find out more HERE.