Heritage Middle School News
February 15, 2016
Reminder About After School
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
6th Grade Students Interested in Athletics
There will be an informational parent meeting for all 6th graders and parents wishing to register for athletics next year on Wednesday, February 17th 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
This is a mandatory meeting. If you are unable to attend, you need to contact Coach Cruson (girls) or Coach Roe (boys) for further information.
Save the Date - First Ever HMS Fun Run
Laptop Backgrounds and Screensavers
GCISD Programs Expo
From engineering challenges to advanced academics to language immersion and early childhood education, GCISD offers a world of opportunities for students. Families are invited to learn more about these opportunities at the Special Programs Expo on Tuesday, February 16, 5:30 - 8:00 PM at Cross Timbers Middle School. The expo will feature stations showcasing our STEM programs, ASPIRE Academy and Dual Language programs. New to the expo this year, families may also learn about the proposed tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten program, iUniversity Prep and Collegiate Academy. In addition to program stations, presentations focusing on the instructional components and benefits of these programs will be delivered in the lecture hall and Student Activity Center (SAC).
8Th Grade Party Donations
Can you believe it’s already time to think of the 8th grade end-of-year party? We would love your help in collecting items for door prizes. Parents may donate gift certificates or gift cards suitable for 8th graders, or you may donate cash to assist us in purchasing them. You may leave any donations at the front office in an envelope addressed to Stasia Bandy. If you have any questions, please contact Deana Bieg at email@example.com or Stasia Bandy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Support HMS Cheerleading
HMS PTA Scholarships
Do you know a GCISD senior? HMS PTA scholarship applications are now open online. Deadline is March 24th. You can visit your counselor's web page to find the link to scholarships or it can be found here.
- Thursday, February 18th - Non-varsity band pre-UIL Contest at CHHS. This is a practice UIL contest for Symphonic Band. It takes place during the school day. Symphonic Band students will wear their formal black attire to school and change into school clothes after the performance.
- Friday, February 19th - 5th graders visit HMS!
- Saturday, February 20th - Laser Quest Private Party 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM - For those 7th and 8th graders who earned Scale Superstar and Chromatic Cruiser or earned a chair in the GCISD District Band, All-Region Band, or the 7th grade Lewisville Select Band!
District UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest - February 17th
- Women's Chorale - Warm up at 8:40 AM, concert 9:00 AM, sight reading 9:20 AM
- Men of Heritage - Warm up 9:40 AM, concert 10:00 AM, sight reading 10:20 AM
- Women of Heritage - Warm up 11:40 AM, concert 12:00 PM, sight reading 12:20 PM
- A Cappella - Warm up 1:40 PM, concert 2:00 PM, sight reading 2:20 PM
Region XXIV UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest - February 25th @ CHHS
- Women's Chorale - Warm up 8:20 AM, concert 8:40 AM, sight reading 9:00 AM
February 29th @ CHHS
- Men of Heritage - Warm up 8:00 AM, concert 8:20 AM, sight reading 8:40 AM
- A Cappella Choir - Warm up 10:30 AM, concert 10:30 AM, sight reading 11:10 AM
March 1st @ CHHS
- Women of Heritage - Warm up 8:20 AM, concert 8:40 AM, sight reading 9:00 AM
Congratulations to the HMS Lady Broncos on a great season!
- 7th Grade Boys - February 16th against Cross Timbers at HMS. Games begin at 5 pm and will be played in B-C-A order.
- 8th Grade Boys - February 16th against Cross Timbers at HMS. Games begin at 5 pm and will be played in C-A-B order.
- 7th Grade A Team will finish their season February 18th at Grapevine Middle School, time TBA.
- 8th Grade A Team will finish their season February 18th at Dawson Middle School, time TBA.
Boys and Girls Track - The first meet of the 2016 track season will be on February 23rd hosted by HMS. HMS, Grapevine, Coppell West and Carroll Middle schools will compete. Field events begin at 4pm.
Boys and Girls Tennis
The first HMS tennis match will be February 18th against Carroll at Carroll Senior High School in Southlake.
BOX TOP$ for Education
HMS Spirit Wear Orders
Hello PTA parents! Would you like to get involved at HMS as a volunteer? Please contact Mary Ellen Blackstone at email@example.com. We have many opportunities to get involved as a parent volunteer. Even if you aren't able to commit to a regular volunteer schedule we can still use your help. At HMS there are many different programs and activities that need assistance. Please send Mary Ellen a note and let her know you are interested in being in the volunteer pool. PTA members please report your volunteer hours at this link - or email Mary Ellen.