The Towler Times
October 14th, 2016
A Peek at our Week...
- This week in reading we took our Unit 1 Benchmark Test. We will begin Unit 2 next week. We also dove into informational text and began learning about text features! Ask your student what they learned when we read our latest Scholastic News. (If they have forgotten, give them this hint: fire suit of the future.)
- We have been learning how great authors write about something meaningful to them and zoom in on a small moment. The students now have their very own small moments notebook to jot down meaningful small moments anytime! Just like authors do! We will be working on writing a "seed" story vs. a "watermelon" story. Ask your learner the difference!
- We learned about transportation and communication of then and now. The students were surprised to hear I did not have a cell phone in second grade! We have also begun working on mapping skills. We will be wrapping up this Social Studies unit next week.
- We began math centers this week! We continued our work of greater than, less than and ordering numbers. We also worked on 100 more/100 less, 10 more/10 less, and 1 more/1 less. We will be wrapping up our place value module next week and will test middle or end of the week.
- Our skill this week was learning how to be assertive...asking for what we need in a firm, yet kind way.
Working hard on Informational Text & Text Features...
Save the Date!! Second Grade Winter Concert!
If your child cannot participate due to illness or travel, please contact Mrs. Kamm as soon as possible. If there are any questions, please call 630-463-3163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Star of the Week...David!!
Hi, I'm David and I know The Star of The Week was a great week. I showed The class Roblox and they loved it. I love cherry tomatoes and basil and mint and steak. Booger and Cookie are my cats. Cookie is the fat one. When my Mom and I talk, Cookie annoys us and meows. Everyday I lined up the class for recess and specials. I lined up the class for Art and P.E and music.
Written by and typed by: David
- Original Art Work Orders Due
- Spirit Day: 2nd grade wears yellow
- Fun Fair: 5:30 -7:30 pm
- Innovation & Technology Forum: 6-8 pm GMSN