Welcome to Blended AP World History (aka WHAP)!
Link to this flyer: http://tinyurl.com/1stDayShrop
BEFORE you sit down!
Please do the following:
1. Put your bags in the back of the class on the shelves; all you need out is something to write with and a device (iPad or laptop).
2. Pick up one copy of the Course Policy (last page needs to be signed and returned TOMORROW!)
Get to Know You Form
Please complete the Google Form. I know some of the questions are a little weird but I do have a reason for asking them! Be Creative and give me your best answers.
Fun with People Bingo
1. The person's name in the box has to fit! (yes we will be checking)
2. You must use a different person in each box
***First person to correctly fill each space is the winner and will receive a prize!***
Things we need to discuss
Note Taking: It's ALL about the Themes and Historical Periods!!!
Class Communication: Remind 101
You will text your class code to this number: 81010
1st Period: “@shropshire”
2nd Period: “@whapper2”
4th Period: “@apwhp4”
5th Period: “@whapper5”
6th Period: “@apwhp6”
7th Period: “@whapper7”
Has anyone ever said something to you completely random and it was confusing what they were talking about?
You should each have a notecard with a "random" piece of information. The information on your card is either the "big picture" information or a more specific fact. Your job is to search out and find the other person in the room with the information that will give context to your information.
Homework for the First Week!
2. Take notes over chapter objectives 1&2 for ch6.
Link to a scanned copy of chapter 6:
Link the chapter objectives:
Link to the note template for Period 2 (Classical Age):
Period 1 Note Template:
Period 1 Notes:
Key Vocab Game:
Homework:1. Get Course Description signed and turned in! (if you have not already)
2. Take notes over objectives 3, 4, and 5 in chapter 6.