TEACHING & LEARNING INSTITUTE
Planning Meeting Agenda for April 5th
- Good News
- Today's Objectives
- Edmodo Highlights~ Jodi Posadas
- What's the 411? ~ Committee Updates
Workshop Committee ~ Chrysta
Publicity Committee ~ Abby & Jodi
Sponsorship Committee ~ Floridalia
Hospitality Committee ~ Alex
VIP (Keynote Speaker) ~ Leslie W. & Felicia
Technology Committee ~ Renee
Facilities & Design Committee ~ David
Registration Committee ~ Ashley
Swag Committee ~ Melissa
Entertainment ~ Muya
- Next Steps
- Today's Launch
CODE TO JOIN EDMODO: nxzkhe
Norms for Committee Updates
- Be cognizant of time. Keep your report at 5 - 7 minutes.
- Committee members may request that items be added to the agenda by contacting the Committee Chair 24 hours prior to a Planning Committee meeting.
- If you don't have anything to report for today, just say so.
- For this 1st report, tell us who's on your workgroup. In future meetings you don't have to do this.
- When did your group meet & how often do you plan to meet from now until the big days?
- Is there anything that you need right now from another group to get a specific task completed for your group?
- Do you need for us to give you any input on a specific item or vote on something directly related to a project for your group?
- Be cognizant of time. Yes...I know that I repeated this :)
- Remember that you can always get clarification from me on items after the meeting has adjourned. I can come and join your workgroups whenever you like.
- Always be IN the loop. Others will look to us for answers to questions regarding the Institute. We should be able to answer questions and/or direct them to a person who can.
We are in desperate need of ...
- a Decorations Committee specific for the auditorium.
- a Stage/Sound Crew that is specific for lights, sound, etc. in the auditorium.
Do you have any ideas about how our stage can be decorated and/or anyone who has the skills and talent to do it? If so, post your reply onto Edmodo on or before April 12th. Thanks a million!
Your Next Steps
- Please submit a list of FAQ's you think participants will want to know about the institute onto Edmodo. We will create a FAQ page to be included on our website.
- Communicate...Communicate...Communicate. This is key to our success as a team. Your workgroup members should know exactly what is going on. Their work is critical to the success of our Institute.
- You can invite your workgroup members to some of our meetings, if you like, especially when there is something key your group needs to share with the larger group. However, it is not necessary that they attend every weekly planning meeting.
- Keep a binder of ALL of the things that you are doing each month. For example, minutes from your workgroup meetings, contacts, etc. We will need this for MPACT 2014.
- Pace yourself and follow your timelines. Rome wasn't built in day!
- Remain flexible and continue to have fun planning! You are each doing a super fantastic job!