Newsletter Week 2 Term 4
Rotherham School 26th October 2022
Kia ora koutou,
Welcome back to Term 4 we hope you had an enjoyable break and are ready for a busy term ahead! We hope you enjoy reading our new and improved digital newsletter and have checked out our new website at rotherham.school.nz
We had a fun school disco on the last day of the term and everyone looked great dressed up in neon and fluro. A huge thank you to the Home & School who organised this and decorated and tidied up the hall.
Over the holidays you may have noticed some exciting things happening around the school. We have had our amazing new school fence installed. Thank you very much to those involved with pulling out the old fence. We also have had our a new Portacom installed. This will be our Learning Support Space which will be very useful for our specialist teachers working with students and groups.
There is lots happening in the next 2 weeks with the Senior Room going on camp to Kaikoura this week and then we have our Rotherham School Athletics on Thursday 3 November.
The Home & School are very busy this week with making food for packed lunches and setting up a stall at the Hurunui Garden Festival to sell slices and tea & coffee. Thank you to all those who are making food, organising and helping with the preparation and running of this fundraiser.
Ngā mihi nui
Principal - Tumuaki
Welcome to Rotherham School
- A very warm welcome to the Kinley family who have moved to Rotherham from Rolleston and started school here. Lilly is a Year 4 student, Oliver is in Year 3 and Hayzel-Grace is in Year 1.
- We would like to welcome Chantal Kelly who is our new Learning Assistant and will be working with groups of children and supporting the Junior Room.
- Welcome to Waldo Stephens who has started school and is in the Junior Room with his older sister Blaise.
- Congratulations to Georgina Flynn and her partner Sean Murphy who welcomed their beautiful baby boy Patrick Flynn Murphy on Monday 3rd October. We can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations: Assembly Awards 30th September Term 3
Blaise Stephens: For all your hard work to learn your spelling words each week.
Mason Clark: For perseverance in all areas of learning in class.
Yohan Del Mundo: For showing great perseverance and skill with our Athletics training session. Ka pai Yohan!
Brody Clark: You have shown perseverance and self responsibility evident in your writing for your robot character description. It shows growth in your use of vocabulary and rewriting.
Yohan Del Mundo: For having his vest on and sitting nicely.
Emily Colombus: For being outstanding in all areas and always demonstrating our RIP values.
Certificate Winners Term 3 Week 10
RIP Values Prize Winners Term 3 Week 10
Milly Rutherford - Prize Box
Paige Bailey - Lunch with the Principal
Ruby Lissington - Mufti day for you and a friend.
The Senior Room sharing their robots they made in Term 3.
- Senior Room Camp to Kaikoura - Wednesday 26 - Friday 28 October
- Hurunui Garden Festival Fundraiser - Friday 28 October - Sunday 30 October
- Rotherham School Athletics - Thursday 3 November (pp Friday 4 November)
- Hurunui Athletics Year 4-6 - Monday 7 November Amuri Area School (pp Wednesday 9 November)
- Sir Edmund Hillary's Antarctic Hut Virtual Reality Experience - Thursday 10 November
- Canterbury Anniversary Day (SCHOOL CLOSED) - Friday 11 November
Home and School News
Welcome back to Term 4!
I know it's a very busy term and I appreciate everyone who has offered help and food for our fundraiser this week. Good news is it's our last one of the year and I won't have to continue messaging like crazy
We have some fun things planned for this term including our end of year celebrations. I will arrange a final meeting for the year in coming weeks to go over our plans for our last day of school, so keep an eye out for the date. Please come along, we'd love to have your input.
Also just wanted to make everyone aware, especially our new families that Hayley Clark is our awesome parent liaison so if you have any questions about school happenings feel free to reach out to her she has a lot of information to share.
Athletics Day - Save the Date!
Thursday 3rd November (pp Friday 4th November)
Our annual school athletics will start at 9.00am and the children will be involved in events throughout the day. Lunch will be at 12.30pm. so bring a picnic lunch. There will be a preschoolers race in the afternoon. Please invite your family and friends along to support our tamariki.
Waiau Fireworks Night - Saturday 5th November
The Waiau Fireworks event is back, bigger and better than ever!
Held in the Waiau Rugby Club Grounds, there will be loads of family-friendly entertainment – bouncy castle, rides, zorbs, and more. A variety of tasty food options will be on offer. Live music provided by Mezzanine and then the evening is topped off with the fireworks display!
Entry $10 per person (cash only). Pre-schoolers free. Gates open at 5pm.
Postponement date is Sunday 6 November. Stay tuned to the Facebook page for updates – www.facebook.com/waiaufireworks