Ms. Love's First Grade News
Comanche Springs Elementary School
- Comprehension- Discover new learning while reading nonfiction books
- Guided reading
- Making inferences and predictions
- Compound words
- Word family: -ack
- FRY words: could, first, who, been, part
- Spelling: day, way
Check out the link below for Spelling City. This is a great website for students to practice their spelling words and FRY/sight words. I just uploaded the words from the 2nd 9 weeks.
Writing a Personal Narrative about a specific experience
- Measuring with different units and objects
- Addition/Subtraction Fact families
- counting forwards and backwards from any number up to 50
Patterns in movement
The student will be able to describe how an object moves.
Key words: straight line, zig zag, backwards, forwards, movement, direction, up, and down
- Historical Figures
Additional Reminders and Dates to Remember
- Remember your child can bring a snack everyday. We also are accepting snacks to share for the class if you would like to donate.
- Collect your boxtops to help save money for our school
- Make sure your child is reading every night. Raz-kids and iStation is a great website to utilize and the kids love it.
- December 6th Breakfast with Santa
- December 8th School Holiday Store
- Winter Break December 22nd -January 5th. Dec. 22nd is a half day. Early release at 11:40.
- Class Holiday Party December 22nd. More information to come
If you have not done so please send your child's field trip permission slip and money as soon as possible.
- istation- Your child can log in and play the fun learning games that are specific towards their area of needed growth. See the log in information that was sent home.
- Raz-Kids or Readers in book bags. Raz-kids login is llove8
- Practice basic math addition facts