The Viking Voice
October 12, 2022
October is Bully Prevention Month
This month our school is working together to stand up against bullying. We will also participate in Red Ribbon week, October 24th-28th, to support making healthy choices.
Students have been learning about big vs. little problems in counseling classes this school year. Have a family discussion about what a big problem is, a little problem, and what our choices are in each situation.
Our Character Trait Word of the Month is: GRIT. Grit means, refusing to give up when life gets hard. Set a family goal and practice grit when obtaining the goal seems hard!
How can you help our school prevent bullying?
- Help your child understand what bullying is (imbalance of power, being mean on purpose, repetitive.)
- Communicate often with your child.
- Encourage kids to do what they love.
- Model how to treat others with kindness and respect.
Students are working on deciphering if a conflict is a big problem or little problem.
Taking time to write out our thoughts on how to be a friend to someone in need!
Mrs. Wilson's Class wearing blue to take a stand against bullying.
Big Problems: Something that is scary, dangerous, or can cause someone to get hurt.
Free Weekend Meals!
United Way Dress Up Days
- Friday October 14th: Hat day for United way! Bring a dollar for United way and wear your favorite hat!
- Friday October 21st:Team spirit day for United Way. Bring a dollar and wear your favorite jersey!
Red Ribbon Week
- Monday, October 24th: Wear RED to kick off Red Ribbon Week!
- Tuesday, October 25th: Disney Day...Wear a Disney shirt! "All dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
- Wednesday, October 26th: Neon Day! "My future is bright."
- Thursday, October 27th: Wear animal print! "Being Drug Free is no Prob-Llama."
- Friday, October 28th: Pajama Day! "Put Drugs to Sleep."