The Aviator Beacon
Inspiring the Leader Within
August 23, 2019
Leader in Me
Habit 1: Be Proactive
In Habit 1: Be Proactive, students learn they are responsible for their actions, emotions, attitudes, and behaviors. One of the Highly Effective Practices within Habit 1 is Using Proactive Language. By using proactive language, students feel more able and empowered to act.
- How does reactive language affect you when you hear it?
- What's the impact of using proactive language?
Consciously use these sentence starters:
- "I choose to..."
- "I get to..."
- "I want to..."
- "I can..."
Upcoming Aviator Activities
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, August 27th - CUSD Parent Education Series
Hamilton HS @ 6:30pm, Part 1: Teen Brain & Effects of Social Media
Wednesday, August 28th - Early Dismissal @ 11:40am
Wednesday, August 28th - PTO Event
MOD Pizza Queen Creek
Thursday, August 29th - Early Dismissal @ 11:40am
Monday, September 2nd - Labor Day Holiday
September 4th to 11th - Fall Book Fair
Thursday, September 5th - PTO Jamba Juice
Order Delivery @ 2:00pm
September 9th to 20th - PTO Check-A-Thon
Tuesday, September 10th - Leadership in Literacy Night
5:00 - 7:00pm, Schoolwide
CUSD Parent Education Series
Part 1: Teen Brain Development & Effects of Social Media
Tuesday, Aug. 27th, 6:30-8pm
3700 South Arizona Avenue
Specializes in trauma, addictions, adolescents & family therapy
Please bring your teenagers & their friends with you. They will learn information on the same topic. Presentations are FREE & open to all parents in the community! All teens will receive 2 volunteer hours for attendance.
Forgot to Send in Your Envelope?
The CEF is collecting donations through the end of August. Text CEF to (480) 712-4081 to contribute today or donate online at ChandlerCashForClassrooms.org
Tax Credit & ECA Fees
**Student, Grade Level, &/or Activity Fees are Now Available for Payment**
Thank you for your generous contributions that help students become involved in fun, meaningful, & life-enhancing activities!! The funds go directly to the school/programs you designate. ECA fees qualify towards your $200/$400 tax contribution limit.
**Arizona law ARS 43-1089.01 enables taxpayers a tax credit contribution of up to $400 per calendar year if filing status is Married, filing Joint Return; $200 per calendar year if filing status is Single or Head of Household; and, $200 per calendar year if filing status is Married filing separate return — for contributions that fund extracurricular activities in public schools. A tax credit is a full refund, not a deduction.
From the Front Office
- In the Front & South parking lots, parents are welcome to Park & Walk their student(s)
- Vehicles MUST park in a space before student(s) enter/exit the vehicle
- Student(s) must be accompanied by an adult when walking through the parking lot
- As you are waiting for a parking spot, students MAY NOT exit the vehicle & walk to the crosswalk
- Utilize crosswalks when walking onto campus & through parking lots
Parent Pickup: Dashboard Sign
In order to assist with the traffic flow of Parent Pickup in the afternoon, it is highly encouraged to create a sign for your dashboard/window. Please write or type your child’s last name, first name, & grade level. If you have multiple children, write your last name, each child’s name & grade level underneath. Write or type in BIG BOLD letters so the staff on duty can read the names easily.
Here are a couple reminders of important transportation responsibilities:
- Students will remain seated while bus in in motion & until it comes to a complete stop
- Follow directions from the bus driver at all times
- Kindergarten & 1st grade students must have a parent/legal guardian at the bus stop in the morning & afternoon
- While waiting for the bus, students must stand a safe distance from the curb/roadway & respect our neighbor's properties
- Parents should discuss bus rules & safety with their child(ren)
Your child may not be in school & will be sent home by the Health Assistant. Below are examples of condition(s) that require students to remain at home:
- Fever of 100.4 or Higher. A child must be fever-free for 24 hours (without fever reducing medication) before returning to school.
- Persistent Cough
- Sore Throat with Fever &/or White Spots
- Active Head Lice
An updated copy of immunization records are due upon enrollment. The Health Office will contact families with upcoming &/or expired records.
Feel free to contact Mrs. Langelier at (480) 424-8402 with any questions
What's for Lunch?
Guests are welcome to join their students in the cafeteria & enjoy lunch together. Upon arriving to Auxier, please check-in at the Front Office & obtain a visitors badge. Family tables are located in the center of the Cafeteria to provide ample eating space. Students are welcome to invite 1 friend to Parent Table to join them for lunch. The Lunch Schedule is provided below for all grade levels.
Action Teams Update
Upcoming Club & Action Team Meetings
Monday, August 26th
Young Rembrandts @ 3:20pm - 4:20pm, Room #C1
Tuesday, August 27th
Green Team @ 7:45am, Room #A11
Choir @ 8:00am, Music Room
Tech Xplorers @ 3:15 - 4:00pm, Computer Lab B
Science Matters @ 3:20 - 4:20pm, Room #C4
Wednesday, August 28th
Digital Music Club @ 7:45am, LAB B
Thursday, August 29th
Aviator Air Mail @ 8:15am, Room #A2
Friday, August 30th
Drone Club @ 7:45am, Computer Lab B
Green Team @ 7:45am, Room #A11
Student Lighthouse @ 7:45am, Room #D9
Bricks 4 Kidz @ 3:20 - 4:20pm, Room #C2
Community Ed. Music @ 3:20 - 4:20pm, Room #C9