The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
August 10, 2020
THANK YOU STUDENTS!
Early release will be Thursday, August 13th and Friday, August 14th. Students will be dismissed at 1:00 pm. Bus riders will load at 1:00 pm as well and need to be picked up from their hub site immediately.
- 9th and 10th Grade A Day students will receive college books on Monday, August 10 at 1:00 pm.
- 11th and 12th Grade A Day students will receive college books on Tuesday, August 11 at 12:10 pm. Upperclassmen need to report to the gym after their second period class.
- 11th and 12th Grade B Day students will receive college books on Friday, August 14 at 12:10 pm. Upperclassmen need to report to the gym after their second period class.
All REMOTE students need to come to the gym on Wednesday, August 12th from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm to receive textbooks. Remote students will also be able to pay fees and pick up necessary paperwork. We also have a little project for you to complete. Please plan on being at school for about 20 minutes when you come on Wednesday.
You must return all overdue textbooks or pay for lost textbooks prior to receiving your new books!
9th Grade-----$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students both in person and remote, such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc. Remote students can mail these in if they wish. If mailed, please make to the attention of Christy Cross.
There will be an additional hub at Wheatmore High School beginning on August 17th. Right now, all Archdale Trinity students need to take the THS hub for the first two weeks of school.
August 25 and 27, 2020 --- Grades 9-11 Pictures (more information to come regarding remote students)
September 1, 2020 6:00 pm---Senior Parent Night with Student Services (Virtual)
September 3, 2020 6:00 pm---10th and 11th Grade Parent Night with Student Services (Virtual)
- Upon arrival, your temperature will be taken and recorded.
- Students are not allowed to congregate anywhere. As soon as you arrive, you must report to your classroom.
- If you need breakfast, you may enter the Cafe through the doors closest to RECHS and exit the doors closest to the LRC. The Cafe is closed for dining and has a limited menu.
- Students must eat lunch in their classrooms. Again, there is a limited menu.
- Buildings will have specified entrances and exits.
- Some buildings will have one-way hallways.
- Collaboration activities in your classes will look different.
- Hand washing throughout the day will be an expectation.
- Hall-way transitions will be staggered by class to limit the number of students in the hallways.
- Bathrooms must remain at 50% capacity.
We will review other procedures when you arrive to school.