Keeping up with Keller
By: Marcie Dryden, Principal
March 23rd, 2015
Our Keller Daily News Broadcast highlights school achievement and IB news!
- March 25th and April 1st: late starts for students and professional development for staff
- March 25th: Open House 6:30-8:00 pm
- March 30th-31st: IB Visit
- March 30th: MYP Personal Project Exhibit @ ROMS
- April 3-10th: Holiday & Spring Break -- No School
- April: 5th Grade M-Step Windows
M-Step Assessment Calendar
Please review the calendar below for the dates and times your child may be taking the M-Step State Assessment (this assessment is replacing MEAP).
- Tues. 4/14/20159:00-11:00 ELA- Online Test
- Wed. 4/15/201510:00-11:00 ELA- Classroom Activity
- Wed. 4/15/20151:15-3:15 ELA- Performance Task- Part 1
- Thurs. 4/16/20159:00-11:00 ELA- Performance Task- Part 2
- Tues, 4/21/20159:00-11:00 Social Studies- Part 1
- Thurs. 4/23/20159:00-11:00 Social Studies- Part 2
- Wed. 4/29/201510:00-11:00 Math Classroom Activity
- Wed. 4/29/20151:00-3:00 Math Online Test
- Thurs. 4/30/20159:00-11:00 Math Performance Task
- Mon. 5/4/2015 8:45-9:45 Science
- Tues. 5/5/2015 8:45-10:45 ELA- Classroom Activity
- Tues. 5/5/2015 1:30-2:30ELA-Performance Task #1
- Wed. 5/6/20151:30-2:30ELA- Performance Task #2
- Thurs. 5/7/20158:45-9:45 Science- Part 1
- Mon. 5/11/20158:45-10:45Math- Computer Adaptive
- Tues. 5/12/20158:45-9:30Math- Classroom Activity
- Tues. 5/12/20151:15-2:30Math- Performance Task
- Thurs. 5/14/20158:45-9:45Science- Part 2
- Tues. 5/199:15-11:50ELA- Online test
- Thurs. 5/219:15-11:50ELA Classroom Activity & BOTH Perf. Activities
- Tues. 5/269:15-11:50Math Online Test
- Thurs. 5/289:15-11:50Math Classroom Activity & Perf. Task
Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous. Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. Please complete a survey for each one of the schools that your children attend before March 31, 2015.
Student Drop Off
Remember there is no supervision for students before 8:10 a.m. please help and make sure students are not dropped off before this time, unless they are attending breakfast club.
Lost and Found
Lice Check Before Returning to School
Tuesday, April 21st: Taking Care of Yourself
Wednesday, April 29th: Being an Effective Parent
Thursday, May 7th: Building Parent-Child Relationships
Where: Oakland Elementary School
2415 Brockton Ave.
Royal Oak, Mi 48067
Time: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Register Today for this FREE event!! Contact Tammy at ROYA firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning in Action
PTA Electiions 2015-16
The PTA is looking for members to fill the following open position on the executive board for the 2015-16 school year:
- President - Presides at all meetings, is a member ex officio of all committees, coordinates the work of the officers and committees and attends meetings called by the Council.
Please contact Michelle Vinluan (email@example.com) with any questions or interest in any of the above positions.
*We are respectful
*We are safe and in control
*We are responsible learners
I will act in such a way that I will be proud of myself and others will be proud of me too.
I came to school to learn and I will learn.
I will have a good day.
Learner Profile Highlights
Don’t forget that the highlighted monthly learner profile and weekly behavior focus is on the Google calendar (every Sunday).