(Melbourne school of psychological sciences)
•The department of psychology was founded in 1946. The school in it's current structure was established in 2012.
•In 2012 it was said that there were more than 2000 students enrolled in the school.
•The school teaches cognitive psychology, behavioural neuroscience, social and development psychology, clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology and quantitive psychology.
•the school has 25 departments, centres and institutes that relate to medicine, dentistry and health sciences.
•the school has been ranked in the top 4 in Australia, and rated 14th in the world.
Philip Smith is the inaugural head of the school.
Psychology Department (clinical psychology)
- the Department of Psychology was founded in 1946.
- It takes 4 years full-time to graduate with a master of psychology .
- You get to study in the school as well as work in clinics, hospitals and rehabilitations.
- In clinical psychology you study about a lot of different subjects and help people with problems, for example: anxiety disorders, stress & coping. trauma, depression and mood disorders, self structure and much more.
Psychology is the study of the human mind and it's functions.
- What language do they teach in? They teach in English, You have to be fluent in English to learn at the school.
- Do they take international students? Yes, international students are welcome to study at the school.
- What kind of psychologist do you want to become? I want to become a clinical psychologist.
- Why study psychology? Intellectual stimulation, personal revelance, job growth and skill development.
- who should study psychology? If you are curious, self motivated, have strong analytical skills and want to help other people then psychology is definately something you should try.
- why study psychology at Melbourne? it has 40+ field-leading academics, strong accross all major domains of psychology, has close links to all domains of psychology and has close links to many associated hospitals and institutes.