MLA Safety Bulletin
July 29, 2021
A Message from Bri and Violeta
In this bulletin, you will find important updates about the following:
- OUSD Community Info Sessions Regarding Reopening (one is tonight!)
- Health information from Nurse Gwen
If you have not yet completed your child's registration or submitted their vaccinations, please read the Bulletin from July 23 for instructions.
Thanks for reading,
Bri and Violeta
An Important Message from OUSD
Dear OUSD Community:
We know everyone coming back to in-person schooling is concerned about our safety practices and procedures. OUSD will be following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state, and county guidance in our schools to ensure we are basing our decisions on the science and the advice of our public health partners.
The recently released guidance from the CDC makes it clear that a return to in-person instruction is the most important priority, and that the benefits outweigh the challenges of keeping schools closed to reduce the risk of transmission. Beyond that goal, the CDC has issued nuanced guidance that asks local jurisdictions to take into account community transmission rates, vaccination coverage, testing access, and outbreak data to make the best decisions they can for their schools.
Here are some important things to know about our safety guidelines:
- Masks will continue to be required for all students and staff on campus while they are indoors.
- Students and staff should stay home if they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, even if they are vaccinated.
- Testing is available at 10 OUSD locations with additional community-based locations throughout the city. At-home testing kits will also be available at each school site. Please consider getting tested if you are feeling symptoms or have been exposed to a COVID-positive individual.
- Vaccines are highly recommended for all community members, ages 12 and up. We are partnering with Alameda County to reach out to all students, staff, and families to support them with accessing the vaccine.
- Ventilation has been upgraded in all of our filter-based HVAC systems, and additional air purifiers have been installed in all classrooms and shared spaces.
For more details about our safety precautions, please attend one of our upcoming online info sessions and help us spread the word:
Welcome Back Info Sessions for Families & Community this week
- Thursday, Jul 29, 2021, 5:30 - 6:45 PM
Webinar Link: https://ousd.zoom.us/j/82285761572
Zoom Webinar ID: 822 8576 1572
- Friday, Jul 30, 2021, 5:30 - 6:45 PM
Webinar Link: https://ousd.zoom.us/j/82079088456
Zoom Webinar ID: 820 7908 8456
Please visit www.ousd.org/reopening2021 for more information about how we’re working toward safely returning to in-person learning and support.