7th Annual Mustang Rodeo
And BBQ Cook-Off
We Can't Wait to See You!
RODEO T-SHIRTS! BUY THEM NOW!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are bringing back our Wheel of Sweets game at the Rodeo this year!! This game has players placing a chip on the number of their choice. When the wheel spins, if it lands on the number you selected, you get to pick any dessert to take home! We are asking for parent help with providing the desserts for this game. PLEASE consider helping by providing a home baked, or store purchased, cake, pie, cookies, brownies, or whatever yummy treat you have up your sleeve! To sign up to bring something, please click HERE!
Live Music and Performances!
We have some amazing performers and music planned! Put on your boots, kick up your heels, and stomp your feet along to the beat with;
10:00am Joshua Rhine (World famous GPE 3rd Grade Teacher!)
10:30am Mustang Choir
11:00am Lil' Wrangler's Dance Performance
11:15am Colton French (Click HERE to listen to Colton!)
12:00pm Julia Hatfield (Click HERE to listen to Julia!)
1:30pm Mr. Dave Cain (Yes, THE Dave "Catfish" Cain!)
All music performances will be on the Main Stage outside!
SILENT AUCTION FUN!
Hop on over to our auction site for a preview of some of the over 120 items we will be auctioning off. And keep checking....more items are being added every day! While you're there, be sure and register as a bidder! If you have registered and bid during one of our other online auctions, you should be able to just sign in and get started!
Online bidding will begin on Friday, March 23rd at 8:00am, and will end on March 24th at 2:00pm.
Bake-Off and Student Cupcake WARS!
Do you have a recipe for something sweet, that no one can resist? We want you to enter it! The Bake-Off is open to all GPE Parents, Grandparents, friends, or other family members! Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of three categories; Pies, Cakes, Cookies/Bars/Brownies. Click HERE for an entry form!
Student Cupcake Wars is a FREE (no entry fee) contest, open to all GPE students. Bake your favorite cupcake, and you could be the next GPE Cupcake Champion! Top 3 entries will be awarded ribbons. All entries will be prizes in our famous Cupcake Walk! Click HERE for an entry form!
Entries must be received by 4pm, Friday, March 23rd!
Craft Vendors and More!
Where Do I Get Tickets?
We have two great opportunities for you to purchase tickets this year! PRE-ORDER GAME TICKETS ARE SOLD AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE.
1. Pre-purchase your tickets and wristbands during the online pre-sale, Now through Friday, March 23rd. *Tickets AND Wristbands will be discounted during the presale. All pre-purchased tickets and wristbands will be picked up on Rodeo day, at the WILL CALL table. Pre-sale is open now, and will end at 5pm on March 23rd. Visit the PTO Website shop to make a purchase by clicking HERE.
2. Ticket booths will be available on Rodeo day, open at 10:00am and close at 2:30pm. CASH, CHECK AND CREDIT CARD* ACCEPTED. *Please note, game tickets purchased at the Rodeo will be at full price.
*Minimum purchase for credit card is $10.00.
1. Can I get more tickets at discount prices if I have already pre-ordered? YES! You may buy as many tickets as you want, at pre-sale discounts, if you buy online during the pre-sale dates. On Rodeo day, all tickets will be full price.
2. How do I turn in my BBQ Cook-Off, Cupcake Wars, or Sponsorship forms? All forms may be turned into the front office at school anytime prior to the close of school on Friday, March 23rd. Send the forms and payments to school with your child!
3. I heard there is a craft fair, can I enter? Yes! If you have products, or a service, that you think our parents would like to see or hear about, we are offering an opportunity, for a donation to the PTO of $40.00 OR an item worth $40 or more donated to the silent auction (this is a fundraiser right?), for you to set up a booth in the main traffic areas of the Rodeo. Contact Lara Lewis for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Will there be food available at the Rodeo? Yes! We are excited to have our first FOOD TRUCK court at the Rodeo this year! Mad Taco, Firetruck Crepes, C&J BBQ, and Urban Brick Pizza will be on hand to serve you some great food! Food will be purchased directly from the trucks, with cash or credit card. The PTO will also have a concession stand with popcorn, cotton candy, Bahama Bucks Sno, sodas and water!
5. How much should I plan to spend at the Rodeo? Now, that is a very hard question for us to answer.......because....well, it is a fundraiser, right? Ticket prices, food prices and wristband prices are published on the PTO website, and in the program that will be sent home the week of the Rodeo. But, should you run out of cash at the Rodeo, we have you covered! We take credit cards!
6. Is there an age limit on the games and inflatables? Yes, a few of the games and inflatables are not suitable for younger children, but don't worry, we have PLENTY of games for younger children. There will be a 7 and under section of games, bounce houses, and activities dedicated exclusively to our younger friends!
7. How do I bid on items at the silent auction? Our silent auction is online bidding only. Bidding will open on Friday, March 23rd, at 8:00am and will end on Saturday, March 24th, at 2:00pm. Items may be previewed now, by clicking on the auction link in the newsletter above. You must register with the auction site to be able to place bids. Great news......if you are unable to attend the Rodeo, you can still join in on the auction bidding!
8. What does the PTO do with the money raised at the Rodeo? We LOVE for you to ask that question! The money raised at the Rodeo goes right back to the school! The PTO, of course, does have an operational budget that we cover for the following school year. But, beyond that, 100% of the profit from ALL PTO fundraisers goes back to the school to purchase equipment for the school, fund teacher grants, buy educational materials, pay for field trips, support continuing staff education, and to pay for technology upgrades and learning tools that the children use every day! Because we are a 501(c)(3), we make every effort to spend the money in the school year that it is received. We do not carry money over from year to year, except for our operations budget, and a scholarship fund that we maintain for future GPE high school seniors.