Your Weekly Update from Johnson Elementary School
Our Lost and Found is overflowing! It is located in the hall near the GYM! If your child is missing any items, please have them check the Lost and Found on their way to PE Class and Lunch. Please feel free to stop in and checkout the lost and found. All items remaining in Lost and Found after Monday, April 3rd will be donated to a the service council.
Please label your child's clothing. All labelled clothing is returned to the appropriate child.
Dear Johnson Fourth Grade Families,
We hope that you are well and looking forward to some sunshine & spring weather. This is the point in the year when we start looking ahead and scheduling students for their 5th grade year at Kennedy!
Students in 5th grade get to select which performing arts class they would like to take for the year. They take other classes for specials including PE, a full year course, and Art, Library Research Skills, Tech Ed, Instructional Technology, Theater, and Health, which are all trimester-based courses. Students have many options for their music class. Included are several important links to help you decide between our course offerings and answer some frequently asked questions.
The following link is to select whether your child will be participating in Band, Chorus, Exploratory Music, or Orchestra next year. Please be sure to complete all required sections of this form.
Please complete the selection form by Friday, April 7, 2023.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Dan Hausermann, Vice Principal at Kennedy Middle School, at email@example.com.
NHS Seniors /Johnson Alumni were Mystery Readers today!
Celebrating Disability Acceptance Month
National Disabilities Acceptance Month, observed throughout March, is a nationwide event that not only raises awareness, but fosters acceptance in the inclusion and sense of belonging of people with disabilities and addresses the barriers that those with disabilities face.
ROCK YOUR SOCKS Day at Johnson!
MCAS DATES - MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Grade 4 Session 1 - Monday, April 3
Grade 4 Session 2 - Tuesday, April 4
Grade 3 Session 1 - Tuesday, April 11
Grade 3 Session 2 - Thursday, April 13
Make ups will be scheduled at the building level as needed April 24 - 28
Grade 4 Session 1 - Tuesday, May 9
Grade 4 Session 2 - Wednesday, May 10
Grade 3 Session 1 - Tuesday, May 16
Grade 3 Session 2 - Thursday, May 18
Make ups will be scheduled at the building level as needed May 22 - 26
NPS Parent Orientation Night - Thursday, March 30, 2023 @ 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Live Stream on YouTube with Elementary School Principals
Parents of incoming Kindergarten students are invited to meet with the Elementary School Principals to learn more about the Kindergarten onboarding process, overall curriculum goals, and how Natick Public Schools works to support its youngest learners. Principals will discuss the orientation process (parent orientation, student assessment, and student orientation) and the modifications in place to support safety at school. Also discussed will be programming and services and the calendar of important events. This evening will help you prepare for your child’s transition into kindergarten. Building-based meetings will be hosted in May to review building-specific procedures. Links will be shared via email closer to these dates.
Things You Need to Know!
1- JAG REMINDER: 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR TRANSITION PLAN DEADLINE
A message from JAG: As a reminder, the deadline for families to alert the administration of a move to a new elementary school for the 2023-2024 school year is approaching. If your child will be starting at a new school next year, please connect with Rose McDermott by Friday, March 31st. You can e-mail her HERE.
The Johnson Advisory (JAG), was put in place to make sure all Johnson students have happy and healthy transitions. We–Alicia Lynch, Orion Smith, Melissa Augustine, and Shannon Carlson–would like to make sure every family has the information needed to make the decision that works best for them, as the deadline to notify the administration of a change for next year approaches. We know these decisions involve a lot of thought and consideration, and it is personal for each family and even each child within a family. We have asked room parents to share some information, to help you with your decision for the upcoming school year.
We hope everyone has the information needed to make the best decision for their child/ren. Please reach out to the administration with any questions about your family’s needs. If you have questions about the work of JAG, or suggestions on how we can support you better, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 - SPRING IS HERE! With fluctuation in temperature, cold mornings and warm afternoons. Students often leave their hoodies and jackets behind. Please remind your student to checkout the Lost and Found for missing items.
3 - SPRING CLEAN UP at JOHNSON. The Johnson Elementary School PTO is organizing a spring clean-up and Gardening Day. at the Johnson School. We will be picking up litter, preparing our raised garden beds and refreshing our planters. Please stop by Sunday 4/30 2-4PM to help beautify the school and get the kids gardening off to a great start!
4 - LABEL, LABEL, LABEL
A lot of our Jaguars leave things behind each day. This is a friendly reminder to label all belongings that you send to school with your students. If items are labeled, we can return them to their rightful owners. Grab a sharpie and write your student's name on items (gloves, hats, coats, boots, water bottles, etc.).
5 - FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
We have a range of financial supports available in the Natick Public Schools. This includes assistance with school fees, such as the bus and picture day, scholarships for programs such as the Book Fair and connections to community resources that may be helpful. If you are interested in these programs, please contact Laura Loftus, our school counselors, to have a private conversation. Her email is email@example.com.
SPARK Kindness EVENT!
- March 25 (Saturday): Johnson Game night (4-6 pm) –save the date! More details to come
- April 1 (Saturday): Deadline to order yearbooks
- April 7 (Friday): No school in observance of Good Friday
- April 17-21: No School; April vacation
- April 17: Boston Marathon: Go, Ms. Fahey, Go!
- April 27 - Peacemakers Show (7:00 pm)
- April 30 (Sunday): Johnson Earth Day event – save the date! More details to come
- April 30 (Sunday): SPARK KINDNESS Community Clean Up
- May 31 (Wednesday): Johnson Book Fair
- June 2 (Friday): Johnson Spring picnic – save the date! More details to come
- June 4 (Sunday): Red Sox Game (1:35pm)
It’s time to order your 2022/2023 Johnson Elementary Yearbook! The deadline for ordering the book and placing ads is 4/1/23, and the cost is $18. Ads are $15 for a quarter-page OR $10 for an eighth-page.
To order your yearbook:
1. Go to www.coffeepond.com
2. Click on the Order Yearbooks button.
3. Enter the password: jaguar2023
4. Select online order and continue.
5. Enter the child’s name and grade and the book quantity.
6. Enter your email under contact and select add to cart.
7. If you have another child to order for, please select order for another child. If not, you can finish checking out.
8. If you are able, consider making a contribution to help purchase a yearbook for a Johnson Family in need. This option is found at the bottom of the Billing Information page.
If you'd like to send your child a special message, consider placing an ad this year.
Please use Google Chrome when purchasing and designing your ad.
1. Go to www.ybkpix.com
2. Create your account.
Select “Create an Account” on the upper right hand corner and follow the steps to create an account. Johnson's school ID is 712088.
3. Purchase your ad Login to your account and select “Ads.” On the next page, select “Student Ads” from the dropdown menu and select the size you would like to purchase. Follow the steps and purchase your ad.
4. Design your ad Go to My Account and click My Ad. If necessary, select your school from the dropdown list. Click Design or Edit to access the design space. Submit when complete!
Relatdely, we’re still looking for pictures for the yearbook. Send photos you have from the various Johnson events to Jagyearbook23@gmail.com. In the subject line, please include the name of the event.
Johnson PTO Info!
Thank you to Keri Clark, Memorial School PTO President and the Memorial School PTO for including the Johnson Community with their upcoming events. Please take a look and feel free to attend any of these Memorial PTO sponsored events.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5