2014 Fall Term
Youth Editorial Board applications are now open!
Chicago Youth Voices Network (CYVN) is seeking motivated media producers up to age 22 to be part of NUF-Said 2.0, an exciting new project that aims to connect youth across Chicago and make sure their voices are heard. Make a positive impact while building your resume and leadership skills by joining the NUF-Said Youth Editorial Board!
Media producers who believe in the importance of youth voice are invited to apply. If you are interested in media activism and want to make a difference in our communities, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The main focus of the fall term will be on how to support increased participation and production of high quality media. We'll be working together to gather and curate youth-produced media, and developing promotional materials for the project.
- have an interest in media activism
- be motivated and reliable
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- have regular access to internet and email
- be 22 years old or younger
- actively participate in six 4 hour meetings (meetings will be 10am - 2pm, every other Saturday from October 11 - December 20)*
- spend additional time completing weekly work plans and projects independently
* May vary depending on your role.
- earn a stipend or service learning hours
- receive travel reimbursement
- gain professional, creative, and leadership skills
- develop skills in media, critical thinking, marketing, social networking, and more
- support youth voice and media