North Pole Middle School
Principal's Update - October 25, 2021
October 25th - October 27th Schedule
Hello Parents and Families
October is nearly complete and November's arrival quietly awaits for next Monday. This week is a short week for students with school in session on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday of this week are Parent Teacher Conferences and we look forward to seeing you.
Below is information regarding the formats that we will be following on each respective day. If you are requesting a phone conference please make sure we have a current phone number on file in our system.
I would like to express my appreciation and gratitude to families for your cooperation as we continue to navigate student pick up and drop off while busses are running partial schedules. Things have most definitely improved here at the building and I am hopeful that it will continue as the snow begins to pile up. A reminder that we have special education busses that must have access to their students via the staff parking lot. Please do not pull into the staff parking lot blocking access to transportation for one of our most vulnerable student populations. Your cooperation in this area is appreciated.
The second quarter is broken up with holidays and professional days impacting when we will be attending school. I encourage all of you to review the school district calendar to review what days school is in session as we have several short weeks in front of us. Short weeks lend themselves well to losing track of time and how quickly things move. I will continue to post our weekly bell schedule on both our school website and Facebook page to help families plan ahead. Students know they can find the weekly bell schedule posted throughout the building.
All in all we are having a great school year. Your kids continue to make good choices and be a pleasure to work with, thank you for supporting them and us as a school.
Richard Smith, Principal
Where to find bus and daily schedule info
After School Homework Help
School Start Times and Availability
Our new school start and end times for students are 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Students can be dropped off in the morning at 7:00 a.m. at which time doors will be opened.
Students should plan on leaving the school by 2:35 p.m. unless they are in an after school activity sponsored by school staff.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pickup
A bus deviation is a request for your student to ride a bus that they aren't registered for already and that they don't usually ride.
A few helpful hints on how to request a bus deviation:
- It MUST be requested in writing via notes, email (email@example.com) or fax to 907-488-9213. Students may NOT write their own notes.
- If you send one by email, you will get a reply saying we received it. If you don’t get a reply please call 488-2271. Bus deviations must be submitted by 1:00 p.m. If it is an early release day bus deviations must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. If you submit an email after 11:00 a.m., please call to confirm receipt.
-Your request needs to have the following information on it:
- Your student's name
- Bus number (route) and the name of the street it stops at (if you don't know this, you can call the transportation office at 907-452-2000 and select option 4)
- How long the deviation is good for (just that day or for the whole school year as needed)
- Parent's name and contact information
- Our fax number is:(907)488-9213
- Email requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the button below to find information on:
- Operational Guidelines
- Mitigation Procedures
- Wellness Checks for Students and staff
Activities and Clubs
Click the button below to get information on our current athletics and clubs in addition to scheduled competitions and meetings dates.
Student of the Week!
Students are nominated weekly by selected teachers for upholding one or more of our S.H.I.E.L.D characteristics around the school. S.H.I.E.L.D stands for Scholarship, Helpfulness, Integrity, Engagement, Leadership and Determination. Congratulations to the below mentioned students for the success in one of these areas.
October 4th - 8th
- Jeremy Plowman nominated by Ms. Yuhas
- Robert Thompson nominated by Ms. Long
- Daniel Kostov nominated by Ms. Zera
- Joshua Abbott nominated by Ms. Marshall
- McKinley Lormore nominated by Ms. VanZant
- Charlotte Richards nominated by Ms.Mitchell
October 11th - October 15th
- Gretchen Wietgrefe nominated by Ms. Nore
- Eden Rhoades nominated by Mr. Schumaker
- Eldridge Gumbs nominated by Ms. Saiki
- Cooper Kuehl nominated by Mr. Bunselmeier
- Jaelynn Colby nominated by Mr. Kiser
- Piper Bonzo nominated by Mr. Frymark
October 18th - 22nd
- Hunter Simons nominated by Mr. Paxson
- Sadie Gresham nominated by Ms. Mueller
- Daniel Kostov nominated by Mr. Dorrel
- Peter Auge nominated by Ms. States
- Stephen Langer nominated by Ms. Eide
October 25th - 29th
- Ethan Todd nominated by Ms. Blickle
- Brady Benefield nominated by Ms. Zera
- Camilla Blake nominated by Mr. Hull
- Gabriel Hinrichs nominated by Ms. Ruckhaus
Reminder that both breakfast and lunches are free for ALL STUDENTS for the 2021-2022 school year, no paperwork and no strings attached. The link for our Nutrition Services Department is here, https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition if you would like more information.
Any “a-la-cart” items that the cafeteria may sell will be sold to students and that money will come out of their lunch account. Information about the cost of items can be found below. This link, https://k12northstar.nutrislice.com/menu/menus-eula will take you to a list of all schools in the district so you can see each schools’ breakfast and lunch menu if you are interested.