Veterans Day Assembly
We will be honoring the Veterans in attendance that day, so please use the link below for your Veteran. If you have someone in your family who you would like honored but isn't able to attend please indicate that on the form and our students will make cards that can be given to them.
Please have your student wear the color listed below on November 11th!
1st Grade- White
2nd Grade- Red
Winter is Coming!!
Report Cards and Conferences
Report Cards will be coming home with your student prior to their conference date. Below is a video that explains how to read their report card.
A Note from the Health Office
The Iowa City Community School District has a protocol in place for sending and keeping children home from school when they are ill. We follow this protocol to make sure that children are given an adequate amount of time and rest to get well before returning to school, and to prevent the spread of germs to other children and school staff. Please help to keep the schools in the Iowa City Community School District healthy environments by following these simple rules:
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has a fever of 100 (F) or greater and for 24 hours after the fever has gone away, without taking tylenol or ibuprofen.
- Keep your child home from school when he/she has diarrhea and/or vomiting and for 24 hours after these symptoms have occurred.
- When your child returns to school after an illness he/she should be able to participate in the total school program including outdoor recess and physical education. Your child will be excused from outside recess and physical education after an illness only by a written recommendation from your family doctor or primary health care provider.
- Please be sure the school has a telephone number where you can be reached in case your child becomes ill at school. Call the school if your child will not be attending school because of illness.
- Make sure your child is adequately dressed for the Iowa winter weather. Please mark your children's clothing to help recover lost articles.
- Our students will not be going out for noon recess if the temperature or windchill is below zero. If your child has proper clothing, playing outside will not be uncomfortable, but pleasant and healthy.
Mark Your Calendars
November 11th - Veterans Day Assembly
November 14th - Evening Conferences
November 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th - Wickham Book Fair
November 19th - No School- Parent Teacher Conferences
November 21st - PTO Movie Night at CCPA 6pm-8pm
November 26th - Readers Are Leaders Day
November 26th - PTO No Bake, Bake Sale
November 27th -29th - Thanksgiving Break
December 20th - Winter Sing-A-Long
December 23rd - January 3rd - Winter Break
It is the policy of the Iowa City Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy, please contact Jeremy Tabor, Director of Equity and Employee Relations, 1725 N. Dodge St., Iowa City, IA 52245, 319-688-1000, Tabor.Jeremy@iowacityschools.org