City of Mississauga, Geomatics
By: Muath Al-Qazli
21 May 2016, 2:15 PM
Description of Activity
How to Classify Properties
- There are two types of property classifications:
- Single Family House (I.e residential detached, semi-detached properties)
- Other House (i.e mixed use properties, multi-residential properties).
- For this task, you need to find information about inspected SFH properties in order to make notes of the reasons to change or to keep their classifications.
- Stormwater Charge project is the charge on falling rain or snow on the impervious areas of all property.
- Classifying properties is a very important task for the Stormwater Charge project because SFH and OTH Properties get charged differently.
- SFH properties get charged on the total impervious areas of their roof tops.
- OTH properties get charged on all of their impervious areas.
Gathering Information In Word Documents
To start of this task, you have to gather information of the inspected SFH property that will help correcting the classification using the property PIN number and word document which includes the following:
1. Document Name - the document name should have the zone of the property, the property PIN number, and the property address.
2. Date, property address and property PIN number in the header
3. Screenshot of Stormwater Estimator - This web tool helps indicating the SFH property tier (See the link below for more info).
4. Screenshot of MAX Property Information - This web tool must be use with property PIN number to gather information from the following tabs:
- Property Details Tab - The screenshot of this information must indicate the policy and the assessment code. The policy code is the code that sets the property class. the inspector need to prove the assessment code right in order to commit a change in the property class.
- Property Zoning Tab - Shows the property zoning by-law inforce and historical zoning.
- Property Design Tab - Shows the land use designation of the property.
- Property People Tab - Shows the property owners.
- Property Inspections Tab (if available) - Shows the inspections that had happened on the property, in addition to the inspectors' comments.
- Property Business Tenant Tab (if available) - Shows the business people associated with the property.
5. Screenshot of 2015 Aerial Imagery - this is a screenshot from Microstation which shows the land use around the property.
6. Screenshots of Google Streetview - This screenshot helps showing business signs which supports that the property should be OTH.
7. iMaps Screenshots - These screenshots shows the properties aerial imagery with indicated zoning and land use designation.
8. Screenshots of Google Search - This screenshot should show relevant information of the property that indicate it is an OTH. For example, Information shows that the property is a group home.
9. Screenshot of 2016 Residential Directory (if available) - This is an online PDF document that shows information about all types of residential properties.