February 5, 2016
MID YEAR RBES IMPLEMENTATION
- Directions will be coming early next week - be on the lookout!
PERM RECORD HOUSEKEEPING ITEM
- Please be sure to update front of perm records with this year's information.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH RESOURCE
- To help you integrate Black History Month into your classroom, please click on the link below for a selection of lesson plans and activities that cover a variety subjects and that can be adapted to fit Grades K-5.
PRESIDENT'S DAY RESOURCES
- Please click on the links below for a selection of lesson plans and activities that cover a variety of subjects.
CAPTAIN PLANET PROJECT LEARNING GARDEN GRANTS
- The Project Learning Garden application is currently open.
- Captain Planet is accepting Elementary and Middle Schools from Atlanta Public Schools, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton and Gwinnett to apply.
- The application closes February 29, 2016.
- Click the following Link to apply and learn more: https://captainplanetgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx#4371597136646D517975544F5976596D4E73384E69673D3D
2016 SCIENCE AKS REVIEW - SAVE THE DATE
- Following the review of the revised state science standards in March, GCPS plans to review and revise the AKS for Science this summer.
- Beginning in March, the GCPS Science Department will be asking schools to nominate teachers to serve on grade specific AKS review teams that will review the AKS and prepare additional teacher resources as necessary.
- Review Team applications will be available to teachers in March 2016.
- Please note: any revised or new AKS will not be implemented until Fall 2017 pending GEMS approval.
- Review dates will be June 6-7 and July 20-22 frpm 8:00am to 3:00pm.
- The latest posts to the online Communiqué include features on a 'Silver Lining' for entrepreneurial students, a group of student ambassadors for voter registration, opportunities to nominate outstanding educators for recognition, plus calendar updates and Bulletin Board items on bond rating news, scholarship deadlines, registration reminders for GCPS charter schools, and the latest episode of In5ive.
- Coming up, watch for news on Wonder(ful) robotics, a salute to honored counselors, superheroes in the media center, educators in the workplace, expanded language options, and more.
PBIS WEEKLY UPDATE
- Congratulations to our January Staff Paw winners: Lynn Tiller, Matt Mathews, Lee Olson, Lucy Bell, and Chaz McDonald.
- Please remember to drop a "Staff Paw" in the box in the break room the next time you want to let a colleague know how much you appreciate them!
- Hallways: We appreciate the great job everyone is doing. Teachers, please continue to stand in the hallway by your classroom doors for the first 10 minutes of both the AM arrival and PM dismissal. Hallway monitors are outnumbered, and your presence is needed to ensure the safety and security of our students!
- PBIS character word for the month is RELIABLE.
- If you did not take the time to teach the PBIS lesson this week, please review the lesson sent out by Felicia Cathey and do so next week.
- Remember that we ask all grades to to spend a few minutes each day the first week of the month reviewing and teaching the character word and relating it back to our PBIS matrix.
- Please contact your PBIS team representative or Felicia Cathey if you have any questions about this.