The Roo Review
Your Adventure Begins Here...
The Week Ahead...
- QUEST OPEN HOUSE 5:30-7
- Lesson Plans and Newsletters due
- LPAC meetings, 3:00-6:00
Tuesday, April 12
- Principal Search Input meeting with Mr. Chapman, 3:40 in the library
Wednesday, April 13
- 4th grade field trip to FW Stockyards
- ARDs today
- Joy in Principal meetings
Thursday, April 14
- Cici's Night--Volunteers to wear jeans and serve pizza?
- Kinder Round Up 9-11, and 6-7:30
- School Board Meeting, 7:00
Friday, April 15
- End of 5th six weeks
- TAX DAY
WHS Blue Belles Spring Show is Friday and Saturday Nights at 7:00!
Congratulations to Yevone Dean, our Teacher of the Year!
Some Pictures From the Kinder Animal Habitats!
Your Opinion Matters!
The Power of a Teacher
Love and Logic~Save Most of Your Words for Happy Times
What's the best way to make an otherwise effective technique backfire? It's simple: Talk too much.
In the store, I recently witnessed an unusually upset toddler whining to his mother about how "mean" she was and how badly he "needed" the toy she was telling him to put back on the shelf. This well-meaning mother quickly jumped into "psychotherapy mode" by listing all of the reasons why her three-year-old didn't need the toy, how it might put his eye out, how he might get one next year, why he shouldn’t be so upset, how sorry she was that he couldn't have it, that money doesn't grow on trees, etc.
There they were…both of them…on their knees.
While well meaning, this mother was actually feeding the fire by talking way too much! There exists a basic rule about doing discipline with kids of all ages:
The more words we use when our kids are acting up,
the LESS effective we become.
Save most of your words for happy times.
- 18 PLC @ 3:40 GoNoOdle, Class Dojo
- 19 Kinder music program @6:30
- 20 ARD day
- 21 Gina the Jewelry Lady, 2nd grade field trip to Fossil Rim
- 22 Good Citizens' Breakfast (PreK and K decorate), 3rd grade field trip to Bureau of Engraving
- 23 WHS Prom
- 25 3rd grade music/PE program @6:30
- 28 5th grade Cici's day, Chick Fil A night!, Camp Grady Spruce parent meeting @ 6:00, Retirement Presentation at Wright-3:40
- 29 Executive Cabinet meets at Wright @ 8:00