The Hornet Buzz
February 3, 2023
In this Issue
- Advisory Announcements Slides
- Pink Zone Girls' Basketball Game Postponed
- National School Counseling Week 2/6-2/10
- Spirit Week 2/6-2/10 and Pep Rally!
- Scholarship Opportunity for Senior Students
- Girls Who Code
- Unified Sports and Friends
- Electronic Music Class
- Lost and Found
- Textbook Return Reminder
- The Governor's Institute of Vermont (GIV) is Now Accepting Applications
- Parking Permits
- Seniors check here for updates
Advisory Announcements Slides
Pink Zone Girls' Basketball Game Postponed
The Pink Zone girls' basketball game is postponed to next Saturday, February 11th against MMU. All donations will go to the Vermont Breast Cancer research.
11:30- EMS vs. ADL
1:00 pm- JV girls vs MMU
2:30 pm Varsity vs MMU
Wearing pink at school at the game is encouraged. Let's fill the bleachers to support girls' basketball programs and fight cancer!
National School Counseling Week
Thank you to our AMAZING EHS School Counseling team!
There's an appreciation bulletin board in the school counseling office. Students feel free to stop in and write a shout-out to your counselor.
The messages will be put up on the bulletin board where the school counseling team will be able to read your messages!
Spirit Week: February 6th-10th!!
Monday: Zoom day
Tuesday: Beach vs. Ski
Wednesday: Green Out
Thursday: Anything but a backpack- DO NOT bring anything alive (no pets, siblings etc.)
Friday: Blue and gold
There will be a Pep Rally Friday at 10:30 am in the Gym! Let's go hornets!
Scholarship Opportunity for Senior Students
Dr. Alice Angney Scholarship for Leadership and Service
The Vermont Superintendents Association has established a student scholarship to honor former long-time Lamoille South Supervisory Union Superintendent, Dr. Alice Angney. The scholarship commemorates Dr. Angney’s outstanding service to public education and children in Vermont by providing a $3,000 scholarship to a Vermont high school senior. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of the student's leadership, service to his/her/their community, academic achievement, and initiative in overcoming a specific challenge.
Information and forms for the annual scholarship will be posted on February 1st of each year.
For additional information on the Scholarship see your high school guidance staff or contact Kristi Tate at the Vermont Superintendents Association at email@example.com or (802) 229-5834. Open to high school seniors who are Vermont residents.
Online application can be found here. The deadline to apply is March 13, 2023.
Unified Sports and Friends
Unified Sports and Friends
Unified Sports is currently between athletic seasons, but we're looking for friends to join us in a new weekly club.
Each week will look different: snow sculpture building, cooking, board games, and more. All activities will be after school one day a week.
If you're interested in being a peer friend, come to an informational meeting on Thursday 2/2 at 2:45 in C125 or email Mrs. Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested but unable to attend the meeting.
Everyone is welcome. Bring a friend!
The Governor's Institute of Vermont (GIV) is Now Accepting Applications
The Governor’s Institutes of Vermont offers a variety of intensive, residential summer learning programs hosted at college campuses all over the state. Each Institute focuses on a unique area of interest and introduces you to mentors and friends who will help you pursue your passions and create your future. These programs are open to students in grades 9, 10 or 11. Institutes this summer are:
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Global Issues & Youth Action
- Health & Medicine
- Mathematical Sciences
- Health & Medicine
- Technology & Design
To learn more about GIV please visit their website www.giv.org. The application deadline is: March 31, 2023. If you have questions, you may contact Siobhan Barber, email@example.com in the School Counseling Office.
Go here to apply!
Permits can be picked up in the main office after the application process is complete.
- The Next Senior Class Meeting: Friday, February 17th during flex in the Auditorium.
- Graduation: Will be held on Saturday, June 17th, 2023. *More information to follow as we get closer to June.
- Cap and gown ordering through Balfour can be found here. No payment is needed at this time, payment is due when you pick up your cap and gown. Links for cap and gown ordering can also be found on the EHS website.
- Yearbook: Senior photo submission and senior quote deadline was Friday, November 18th. Please find that information on the EHS Website: Under the Activities tab, Yearbook Linked here.
- Free Senior photos are available for those who want them. Please contact Jesse Keefe in the AV studio located in the Library. For more information and to schedule a time, please email Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal Grade Assignments
10th Grade: Lynn Kozloski
11th Grade: Gayle Botelho
12th Grade: Jeff Goodrich
EHS Events Calendar and Website
-Essex High School Website: Check here for announcements and important information about our school, handbooks, daily schedules, and staff directory.