Texas MEP Quarterly
MEP Staff Edition: August 2021
Annual Trainings for MEP Staff
ID&R Training for MEP Staff
The 2020-2021 ID&R Course is available for all LEA/ESC personnel working with the Migrant Education Program. Newly hired personnel may utilize this course for certification and continued review. Personnel who previously took the course via Moodle may also utilize the course for review.
All personnel who have completed the course are considered certified to complete COEs until the 2021-2022 Online Course becomes available.
Reach out to your ESC MEP staff for information on accessing the ID&R Course.
Typically, MEP staff across the state attend Annual NGS/MSIX Training delivered by their respective ESCs. As you know, the NGS system is transitioning to a new platform and a new vendor, so ESCs may not have scheduled this annual training yet. The NGS system will now be known as TX-NGS.
- As of now, all NGS Timelines are suspended until the TX-NGS System is ready for access.
- When TX-NGS launches, current NGS users will receive an email with information about login credentials and when they can start entering data into the system.
- The current NGS/MSIX Manual and the NGS User Manual are still in effective until updated versions are developed.
- An email will also be sent in the next few weeks with information regarding the order in which to enter required TX-NGS data.
- If you have new staff members who need TX-NGS training, please reach out to your ESC MEP staff. Know that training will not be available until the new TX-NGS system is launched.
Fall Timeline of Events
- Apply for ESSA grant, receive notification of grant award
- Attend A Bright Beginning training if indicated on application
- Develop/update migrant-specific section of District Improvement Plan (DIP)
- Required: PFS Action Plan
- Recommended: ID&R Action Plan
- Determine Migrant Service Delivery Plan; add to migrant-specific section of DIP
- Contact currently eligible families to determine if a new move has occurred
- Annual Training for ID&R, NGS and MSIX
Beginning of the Year Reminders
Residency Verification for Migratory Families
For more information about this process refer to the ID&R and NGS manuals.
2021 Fall Conference - October 27-29, 2021. This will be a Virtual Conference - Details coming soon
The 2021 AMET State Conference is scheduled to be held at the San Marcos Embassy Suites Conference Center November 17-19, 2021.
Deep in the Heart 2021 Virtual Statewide Parental Involvement Conference on December 9-10, 2021.