The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of February 18th, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
Shout out to all of the dads, uncles, grandpas, etc. that came out to support their students this past week during our All Pro Dads Breakfast! Your presence, support, and acknowledgment makes a bigger difference in your young students life than you will ever know! I was so impressed that we were able to pack our cafe and LGI rooms with positive role models for students.
We’re hopeful that you have already taken the opportunity to download MSD of Warren Township’s new app (see flyer below)! "It’s everything Warren Township, in your pocket." With better communication, our new app allows families to stay up to date with all of the great things currently happening across the district. You can even set the app to receive important push notifications from both the district and Liberty Park such as weather delays and closings. Below are links for your mobile devices download the app on Android: http://bit.ly/2Fp2N3T or iPhone: https://apple.co/2quwRR9.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
NEW School Spirit Wear Sale!
Families! Please click this link below to access the
NEW Liberty Park Spirit Wear Store!!
This website will remain open for orders until February 25th. There are both adult and youth options available. All clothing items are approved to wear to school as part of our uniformly dressed policy!
February 18th - President's Day - No School
February 21st - 4th Grade Math Bowl Competition
March 1st - 4th Grade Basketball Tourney @ WCHS
March 6th - Late Start Day - 1 hour delay
March 11th - 3rd Grade IREAD testing begins
March 13th - Family STEM Night @ 6pm
March 15th - 3rd Quarter Report Cards Sent Home
March 18th - March 31st - Warren Spring Break
School Dismissal Manager:
All end of day dismissal changes must be communicated through School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. These changes must be entered by 2:30pm for that school day or scheduled in advance through the app.
Once your child's DEFAULT dismissal option has been set, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's dismissal.
Exceptions that you can select include:
- After School Activity (such as Robotics Club, Art Club, etc.)
- Early Pick Up
- Meet Parent in Office
- B&G Club
- Car Rider
- Ride Assigned Bus
Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- Chartwells - Just a reminder that Chartwells, our District's food service company, provides breakfast is available to all students for free in the classroom.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Building Entrance - As part of our building safety enhancements, our new visitor intercom system has been updated and is located just outside the building. Starting next week, when visiting us you will now need to buzz the intercom outside the building and be prepared to show the appropriate identification as you enter. As a reminder, please do NOT hold the door open for other parents coming in.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
During the month of January our attendance was 96.1%. Thank you for all that you do to ensure that students are healthy and attend school regularly. Remember that every school day counts in a child's academic life... a missed school day is a lost opportunity for students to learn!
Meet our Newest Patriot ~ Mrs. Brooke Tapper!
Mrs. Tapper is pleased to be starting as the School Counselor for Liberty Park Elementary. Before coming to Liberty Park, she has worked in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college settings in Indianapolis, New Palestine, North Manchester, and Franklin, Indiana.
Mrs. Tapper received a Bachelor’s of Science degree from Manchester University in North Manchester, Indiana in May 2011. She earned a Master’s of Science degree in Counseling and Counselor Education from IUPUI in May 2017. Along with being fully licensed in Indiana, Mrs. Tapper is licensed in North Carolina.
In her first year as a school counselor, she helped initiate trauma informed care and restorative justice practices and education for students and staff at an Indianapolis alternative middle/high school.
In her spare time, Mrs. Tapper enjoys reading, crafting, and traveling the world with her husband, Benjamin, and their dog, Bron.
Warren Little League
Eastside All Pro Dads Event
Notes from Nurse Kelly
LIBERTY PARK CLINIC IS NOW COMPLETELY OUT OF PANTS FOR CHILDREN TO CHANGE INTO. IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN "ACCIDENT" WHILE AT SCHOOL A PARENT WILL BE CALLED TO BRING MORE PANTS. I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE PUT EXTRA CLOTHES IN YOUR CHILD'S BACKPACK IF YOU THINK THERE IS A CHANCE HE/SHE WILL NEED TO CHANGE CLOTHES DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. THANK YOU.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse