Clemens Crossing Cougar Comments
November 22, 2019 - Volume 41, Issue 13
Important Upcoming Dates and Events
- 22 - Conference Scheduling Window Closes
- 25 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY - Purple Monday
- 25 - PTA Book Fair Open 1-7 p.m.
- 25 - Schools Close 3 Hours Early for Students - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 26 - Schools Close 3 Hours Early for Students - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 26 - PTA Book Fair Open 1-7 p.m.
- 27 - Schools Closed for Students - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 2 - Inclusive School Week 2019
- 5 - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Baltimore Aquarium
- 9 - Hour of Code Week
- 11 - PTA Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
- 12 - PTA Holiday Shop (after school)
- 13 - PTA Holiday Shop (after school)
- 13 - Interim Reports Issued
- 13 - Spelling Bee, 2:35 p.m.
- 16 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY #1: Winter Sweater Day
- 17 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY #2: Blizzard Day
- 18 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY #3: Sock Day
- 18 - In-School Banking, 9:00 a.m.
- 18 - Winter Chorus Concert, 7:00 p.m.
- 19 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY #4: Pajama Day
- 19 - Cosmic Adventure Traveling Planetarium (1st Grade)
- 20 - SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY #5: Hat Day/Holiday Hat Day
- 20 - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Toby's Dinner Theater
- 21 - Winter Break Begins
- 2 - School Reopens
To subscribe to the CCES calendar on your smartphone, electronic device, or email system use the calendar ID email@example.com.
From School Administration
Thanksgiving is almost here and our school year is moving along quickly. At this time each year, we often reflect on all of the things that we are thankful for. We are grateful for all of the wonderful people at Clemens Crossing Elementary School. We have wonderful students, amazing staff, and supportive parents. Our school is such a wonderful place because all of these people are willing to work together towards achieving the goal of success.
American Education Week was a huge success this past week. We had so many parents visit our classrooms to see first-hand how hard students and teachers work each day. We were so pleased with the level of participation this year. More importantly, your children were so happy that you could take part in their school day. We appreciate the compliments shared by so many of our guests. Our students are working hard in our thriving environment.
Parent Conferences will be held next week. The school will dismiss three-hours early on Monday and Tuesday (12:45 p.m.). We are very pleased with your response in scheduling these important meetings with your child’s teacher. We are eager to describe our programs of instruction and provide information about your child’s progress.
On behalf of the entire Clemens Crossing Staff, we wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
New Website and System for Emergency Closings
Effective December 1, HCPSS is launching a color-coding notification system for emergency and other non-scheduled school closings, including for inclement weather. The new system standardizes the school system’s operational status to five possibilities to enhance consistency while promoting the safety of HCPSS students and staff, and adhering to negotiated agreements on staff availability.
The HCPSS operating status will be identified on a new website: https://status.hcpss.org/. The HCPSS operational color code options are:
- Code Green – Normal Operations (in accordance with the HCPSS calendar)
- Code Red – Schools and Offices Closed
- Code Orange – Schools Closed; Offices Open with Liberal Leave in Effect
- Code Blue – Schools Open Two Hours Late
- Code Yellow – Schools Dismiss Early
All notifications regarding emergency closings will include both the code and operating status.
The emergency notification sources are:
- HCPSS status website
- HCPSS homepage
- Email/text alerts
- HCPSS Information Hotline (410-313-6666)
Please note: HCPSS cable TV is no longer a source for inclement weather closings.
Blessings in a Backpack
This year the PTA has partnered with Blessings in a Backpack at Running Brook Elementary School. This program provides food for children in need each weekend. Please help us raise money by sending in your spare change from December 2-20. Teachers will collect the change and the grade who sends in the most money will win a prize.
If you cannot attend the Winter Concerts in person, we have the next best thing. You can listen to and see the concerts live on Periscope through our Twitter feed. Simply visit twitter.com/hcpss_cces on December 18 at 7:00 p.m. Feel free to share the information with family and friends.
December Spirit Days
PTA Book Fair Hours
Information Worth Repeating
With the holidays approaching, we would like to reach out to families in need. If you could use some financial support this holiday season, please contact Mrs. Rogers, our School Counselor, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (410-313-6866). We will do our best to provide you with some gift cards to help with holiday meals and gifts.
Fundraiser Update from SchoolStore.com
As we are approaching the holiday season, please encourage family members, friends, and colleagues to use schoostore.com for gift purchases.
Lost and Found
Are you missing a jacket or sweatshirt? There is a very good chance your child's missing clothing is in our Lost & Found. The Lost & Found is located in the front hallway across from the Music Room. Please be sure to check the Lost & Found soon. We will donate all items to a local charity on November 27.