Honours of Business Administration (HBA)- Ivey
Details and Information
- Arts & Humanities
- Don Wright Faculty of Music
- School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Health Sciences
- Information and Media Studies
- Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Social Science
- Richard Ivey School of Business
The campus environment at western is lively and thriving due to the many opportunities for students to enjoy the wide array of activities that are at their disposal.
Arts and Culture
Arts and culture are allowed to thrive on campus due tot he variety of galleries, displays, performance centres, and auditoriums.
There is a wide array of sports and opportunities to be active, fit, and show sportsmanship. Go Mustangs!
Clubs and Associations
Many varying clubs and associations allow everyone to contribute to and be part of a strong community.
Arts and Culture
Living on Campus
Living on residence at Western costs $5,940-$6,970 for double accommodation, or
$6,670-$8,180 for single accommodation. The price includes the room, laundry card and light housekeeping. Reznet costs an additional $360.
Meal plans cost $4,040 - $4,600, and and be modified on campus with an official.
Tuitions and Fees
The most expensive courses at Western are Dentistry, Business & Commerce, Medicine, Law, and Computer and Electrical Software Engineering. Most other program hover at the same cost as each-other. Please see the chart below for more details.
(note: the extra fees make up $1,238.71 of yearly tuition at Western)
What is Ivey?
Honours Business Administration (HBA) at Ivey School of Business
Admission Methods and Requirements
AEO: Advanced Entry Opportunity- Secondary (High School) Students
- a 90%+ average in their final year of secondary school
- completion of a university-level math course
- a demonstration of leadership in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience
Maintaining AEO Status
- the must have a full course load (5 full credits) each year at Western during the academic year
- they must achieve a two-year overall average of at least 80% in 10 full university credits with no failed courses
- they must enroll in a module and take 2 of the required courses in the module, plus Business Administration 2257 (achieving no less than 70%) in year 2
- all year 2 courses must be senior level (code in the 2000s)
- they must complete the equivalent of a grade 12 u-level math course if not taken in high-school
- they must complete an AEO update form between years 1 and 2, and an 'intent to register" from between years 2 and 3
University Student Applicants
- Complete at least years 1&2 at Western or another university, but must maintain a course load equivalent to 10 Western courses each year, achieving a minimum average of 70% in the courses completed including Business 2257
- complete a secondary school U-level Math course
- achieve a minimum of 70% in Business 2257 or an equivalent
A Strong HBA application also includes:
- leadership demonstration (as stated earlier)
- preferably an average of 80%+ as opposed to the minimum 70%
First Two University Years
First Year at Ivey
After your first year at Ivey, you’ll have covered the essentials of what every good manager needs to know and be able to do. Ivey's HBA1 will help you define your career goals and develop a job strategy. It consists of 11 core courses, each worth 0.75 credits. (8.25 total credits without elective courses)