First Grade News
2/1 - 2/5
2/3 - Drama Kids 2:45 - 4:00 for those who signed up
Spelling Words - We will have a test on Friday
Optional Challenge Words
Note from Mrs. Ramos
A message from Mrs. Ramos…. With the Valentine’s Day parties coming up, please note a procedure we started last year at Wells. If you have more than one child at Wells, and you choose to attend one of our class parties during the year, Wells students are not allowed to attend the parties of their siblings. If you want to take your child home after their party, please feel free to do so. Just sign out in the front office. However, if you sign that child out, he or she may not attend the parties later in the day in other grade levels. These students have already had their party, and the classrooms are already crowded with parents. As always, if you have a younger sibling who does not attend Wells yet, he or she is welcome at our parties. Please direct any further questions to Mrs. Ramos at Stefanie.Ramos@pisd.edu.
Help with Planners
- I can explain the difference between fiction and realistic fiction.
- I can blend and spell words with Long e.
- I can use the characters and the setting to explain why things happen in a story.
- I can ask questions to better understand characters and setting.
- I can identify and generate rhyming words.
- I can use new vocabulary words in a sentence.
- I can identify and compare historical figures.
- I can identify the characteristics of a literary non-fiction text.
- I can write numbers represented with tens and ones.
- I can write numbers in expanded form.
- I can use a list to keep track of all the outcomes.
- I can observe and describe earth materials.