Dalewood UMC Connection
January 3, 2016
- Don't forget to bring your Kroger Card with you on January 10, so you can sign up for the Kroger Community Rewards program. Someone will be in the Narthex to help you sign up following church.
- Debbie Bryant is asking for your help in collecting blankets for the homeless. She feels a strong call to collect as many as possible and needs your help.
Our FUEL program will resume on January 5, 2016 as students return to school. Your donations are requested to help fund this worthy cause of providing food for the weekend for children who would go without. Contact Joyce Yates at 615-226-6316 if you would like to help in any way or if you would like to make a donation church service by writing FUEL on the collection envelope.
- Our next Supper 'n Serve will be on Wednesday, Jan 27, 2016 at 6:00pm. If you have any suggestions for a service project, please contact Pastor Kyle or Cory with your suggestion.
- The next SLI meeting will be Jan. 17th; please read The Present Future: Six Tough Questions For the Church by Reggie McNeal before the meeting. All are welcome and invited to attend.
- Your are encouraged to join a ministry team in the New Year and become part of the exciting plans being made for Dalewood.
- We will have a Youth/Parents meeting at 11am on Sunday, January 10. Please try to attend as we discuss plans for 2016.
- Don't forget your turn in your registration for Warmth in Winter if you haven't already!
- We will resume our Wednesday night meeting on Jan 6th at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- Our Creative Preschool resumed on January 4, 2016. Please advertise our school to your friends and neighbors.
- During the month of Jan and Feb our children's ministry will be collecting hats, gloves, scarfs and tube socks for the homeless. We need items for all ages, men, woman and children. You can leave your donations in the Giving Station in the Narthex. Cold weather is here and they are needed.
Our lay leadership committee and the leadership teams have drawn up our budget for next year. Copies are in the church office if you would like one. They have many exciting plans for next year that they will be sharing with you after the holidays.
The Worship Team are moving forward with our search for a Minister of Music and hope to have found someone by the first of the year. Please be in prayer for them as they continue their search for just the right person.
- We continue to pray for Billye Willette, Joyce Yates, Jim Atwell, Tess Frohock, Richard Ball and Allen Johnson who have been had illness during the holidays.
- We want to extend our sympathy to Bill Moore and his family on the death of his sister, Ann Richards who passed away on Dec. 29th. and to Mark Hagewood's family in the death of his grandfather, Ray Hagewood.
- Congratulations to Kris and Richard Ball who celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on Jan. 3.
- We are looking forward to the many exciting things that God has planned for us in the New Year.