Stop Child Abuse
Don't let students go through child abuse
What to do if your student is being abused..
You are a MANDATED REPORTER (Department of Developmental Services,Department of Mental Health)
you may be the only person to speak up for this child! better safe than sorry!
-More than four children die every day as a result of child abuse.
-in 2012, an estimated 1,640 children died from abuse and neglect in the United States.
-1 in 20 children have been sexually abused in January 2014
- In 2010, 1,537 children died of abuse or neglect
- - 79.4 percent were under the age of 4.
- 47.7 percent were under the age of 1.
Iowa Department of Human Services
CALL the Child Abuse Hotline at at 1-800-362-2178 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Signs to look for of your child being bullied
- Difficulty sleeping or frequent nightmares
- Declining grades, loss of interest in schoolwork, or not wanting to go to school
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of helplessness or decreased self esteem