Indicators of change:
1. There is a change in color
2. There is a temperature change
3. Bubbles start forming
4. There is noticeable odor
Examples could be when;
1. Milk goes sour because, the milk went from being a liquid, to being a solid
2. When wood is burning because, the fire burns the wood, turning the wood into ashes
3. When you bake a cake because at first, the batter is a liquid, but when you bake it in the oven, heat is applied and causes the batter to change into a solid
Eggs have a chemical change because after you cook the egg, it looks like the picture above. Before you cook the egg, the egg whites and the egg yolk can be easily separated. After you cook the egg, the egg yolk and egg whites cannot be very easily separated.
Fireworks are an example of a chemical change because it looks like the picture above as firecrackers and turns into an explosion of light.
Burning wood can be an example of a chemical change because after the wood burns, it turns into ashes and doesn't look the same from before it was burned.
1. Glass breaks because, the glass changed the shape, but the chemicals inside it have not changed
2. Water turning into ice because, the ice has the same chemicals as the water does, only the ice as atoms that are more packed together than the water did
3. Cutting paper because, the shape of the paper is changing, yet once again, the chemicals are still the same
A broken pencil is a non example of a chemical change because even though it broke, the chemicals inside did not create a new substance or change.
A melted popsicle is not an example of a chemical change because, the popsicle just melted, not changing any of the chemicals inside the substance.
When you slice bread, it is not a chemical change, because no chemicals created a new substance or change whatsoever.
Examples of chemical changes:
"10 Examples of Chemical Changes That We Experience Every Day." About. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Dec. 2014.