Tusculum View Tiger Talk
Weekly News for the Week of February 8, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good afternoon Tiger families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the surprise snow fall! It has been a snowy winter! Our Tigers had a great week of learning last week, and we look forward to another great week. We are looking forward to having all of our in-person students beginning February 22nd!
We will observe mid-winter break this Friday, Feb. 12, Tuesday, Feb. 16th. A group students will return Wednesday, February 17th, and B group students will return Thursday, February 18th. All in person students will return 4 days per week beginning Monday, February 22nd.
Thank you for all the canned and nonperishable food being sent in! Keep up the good work and bringing in the food if you haven't already!
I hope each of you have a great week!
GCS continues on a Hybrid Schedule for the week of Feb. 8 - 12. Midwinter Break - No School for students Friday - Tuesday, February 12 - 16, 2021.
Tigers In Action
TVES welcomes Officer Roy Milton as our new SRO!
Our Tigers celebrated Mrs. Angie this week for National Counseling Week! Thank you, Mrs. Angie, for all you do!
Congratulations to Ms. Nikita Stephens! She was names GCS District Teacher of the Year for greades PreK-4. We are so proud of you!
Tigers Serve Canned Food Drive for Greeneville/Greene County Community Ministries
Please bring in any nonperishable food to school and we will get it to the Food Bank for distribution to our community! Learning about reading, writing, history, science, music, art, and math are SO IMPORTANT, but so is learning to grow a heart of service and giving. Please consider any donation, no matter how big or small. It will mean the world to the one receiving it!
Ever wondered how the Food Bank operates? Check out our video!
Birthday Book Club
- Please be aware that each FRIDAY there are assignments for ALL students to complete. Many students are not completing work on FRIDAY and are being counted absent. Please talk with your students and make sure they are completing work each day of the week, including Friday.
- Please write your child’s name on their coats, hats, gloves, scarves (and even lunch boxes). We begin to collect many items left behind this time of year and know you want to keep up with your child’s things best you can.
- Mrs. Lesa will begin serving extras in the cafeteria when we return from winter break in January. In order for students to buy extras, they must have money in their account.
The following extras will be available:
Cookies – 0.65
Chips – 0.65
Fruit roll up – 0.65
Water – 1.00
Gatorade – 1.25
- Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
- Lunch and breakfast are free for all students until the June.