- Labor Day, No School
- Lee vs. Jemison Rival Week Theme - Guard the Yard: Dress Up As A Security Guard
- Volleyball vs. Jemison @ Lee: 4:30pm
- JV Football vs. Hazel Green @ Hazel Green: 6:00pm
- Progress Reports Go Home
- Lee vs. Jemison Rival Week Theme - Prey The Jags Away: Wear Your Sunday Best
- 9th & 11th Grade PST Meeting in room 219: 3:50pm
- Lee vs. Jemison Rival Week Theme - Demolish The Jags: Show Us Your Best Construction Fit
- Volleyball vs. Oakwood Academy @ Lee: 4:30pm
- Lee Magnet Tour in the Theatre: 5:30pm
- Girls Flag Football vs. Huntsville High @ Huntsville HS: 6:00pm
- Lee vs. Jemison Rival Week Theme - Lights Out Jemison: Blackout The Jags
- Club Day During Zero Period
- Varsity Football vs. Mae Jemison @ Milton Frank: 7:00pm
- Volleyball vs. Oakwood Academy @ Oakwood Academy: 5:00pm
- JV Football vs. Mae Jemison @ Mae Jemison HS: 7:00pm
- Volleyball vs. Elkmont & Lauderdale Co. @ Elkmont HS
- Faculty Meeting in the Library: 3:50pm
- Volleyball vs. Columbia @ Columbia HS: 5:30pm
- Girls Flag Football vs. Columbia @ Lee HS: 6:00pm
- Varsity Football vs. Cullman @ Milton Frank: 7:00pm
Happy Birthday to the following students who have birthdays this week!
- Monday 9/5 - Halli Norman
- Tuesday 9/6 - Jarell Sales
- Wednesday 9/7 - Jakenadi Powers, Owen Couch-Billiter, Danielle Whitman, Delia Holcomb, and Lashiya Phifer
- Thursday 9/8 - Terrell Matthews
- Friday, 9/9 - Amya Shager, Lozarian Timmons, Tyler Haught, Jaqueria Pearson, Kelly Kratsch, Saniya Davis, and Victoria Adeniji
- Saturday, 9/10 - Imanol Cruz-Contreras
- Sunday, 9/11 - Tre'Shaun Townsend-Walker, Michell Cabrera-Reyes, and De'Marrie Toney
Weekly Announcements & Updates
*All students should put their absence excuses in the mailbox on the wall outside the attendance office (pictured below). Do not give your excuses to your teachers or anyone else. Please remember that absence excuses must be turned in within 2 days of your return to school following an absence. Parents and Guardians, September is Attendance Awareness Month. Please click here to review guidelines for attendance excuses, attendance policies, and attendance tips.
*Calling all students and staff! Have a talent you want to share? Auditions for the FamiLEE Star Search will be Monday, September 12th and Monday, September 19th from 3:45 to 5:00 in Ms. Daniels room! The FamiLEE Star Search show will be Wednesday, October 26th at 4:00pm in the Theatre during Homecoming Week!
*Picture Day has been Scheduled for October 18, 2022, and Make-up for 9-11 grade on 11/30. Senior make-up day will be announced In the Spring. Seniors are welcome to take their portrait at the local Lifetouch Prestige studio to be included in the yearbook. Seniors who have already taken the pictures with Prestige don't need to take pictures on picture day.
*The Lee High School PTA has “Betcha Can’t Do It Like Lee” t-shirts for sale. The cost is $10 and all sizes are available. See Mrs. Fields in the library to purchase!
*Anyone interested in starting a Mountain Biking Team for Lee High School should contact Mr. Willmarth at firstname.lastname@example.org or come by room 308. If we have enough interest we can compete in races against other high school teams. Coaching and skills will be taught, all levels of experience are welcome.
*Please support the Lee High School Choir on Saturday, September 24th between 10AM and 3PM at their Shop & Wash Yard Sale and Car Wash Fundraiser at the Maitland Conservatory located at 5045 North Memorial Parkway just past Bojangles.
*Attention Student Athletes! Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Club meets on Tuesday mornings between 7:45 and 8:15 in Ms. Pippin's room. All are welcome!
- Shout-out to our Freshmen of the Week from 2 weeks ago! Madyson Agun comes to us from the Academy for Academics and Arts Middle School. Here at Lee, she participates in the Vocal Performance Magnet, the Student Government Association, and she plans to get involved in theatre shows. Outside of school, she is very involved in her church, the Rock. In her free time, she enjoys working at her dad's restaurant, volunteering at church, doing hair, and singing. After graduating from Lee, she plans to go to college to become a chemist and wants to do research in the medical field to find cures. Conner Orr comes to us from Faith Covenant Academy and Huntsville Middle School. He plans to play football in the future at Lee High School. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball. He is an only sibling and is from Detroit, Michigan. After graduating from Lee, he wants to become a mechanic. Congratulations to both of them for living out our #FamiLEE values so well.
- Shout-out to our Freshmen of the Week from last week! Janell "Nelly" Benson comes to us from Williams Middle School where she was a member of the AGT program. Here at Lee, she is a member of the Creative Writing Magnet where she is the co-head of the Community Connectors Team, JROTC, the Archery Team, and the Academic Team. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music and talking to friends. After graduating from Lee, she plans to go to college to major in education so that she can become an elementary or middle school teacher. Elijah Fuller comes to us from the Academy for Academics and Arts. Here at Lee, he is a member of the Visual Arts Magnet and JROTC. In his free time, he enjoys listening to music, drawing, and relaxing. He knows some Japanese and want to visit Japan one day. After graduating from Lee, he plans to go to college to continue studying art or possibly study foreign language. Congratulations to both of them for living out our #FamiLEE values so well! #GreatThingsHappeningAtLee #WeAreFamiLEE #WinningStudents #WinningSchool
- Shout-out to the Volleyball Team for defeating Columbia last week!
- Shout-out to the Juniors and Seniors for doing an awesome job representing the #FamiLEE at last week's college fair!
- Shout-out to our students who finished independent reading books in their English classes last week! Pictured below are Josh Baker, Janell Benson, Lyra Farr, Rahkel Smith, Jayvion Logan, Alex McKinney, La'Nae Farrior, Aniyah Tolbert, Tristan Powell, and Cameron Carter!
Shout out to all the students who participated in singing the national anthem last week at the Trash Pandas game on Wednesday and the Lee football game on Thursday.
Last week, costume designer Gillian Stocks, came to work with our tech theatre magnet students on proper costume design. Alumni Alessandro Scalora stopped by to perform for our Dance Magnet students!
There is a Lee Magnet Tour this Thursday in the Lee High Theatre at 5:30. Come to learn more about the Lee Creative and Performing Arts Magnet Program!
College Counselor Updates
- Connect with the District College Counselors online! We’re sharing information about college, scholarships, FAFSA, and more! Facebook: HCS District College Counselors. Website: https://sites.google.com/hsv-k12.org/hcscollegecounselors
- Please click here for the 2022-2023 college info chart!
Friday, September 30: E-Learning Day for All Students
Monday, October 3 - Friday, October 7: Fall Break, No School
Tuesday, October 11: Senior FAFSA Spaghetti Dinner Night in the Cafeteria: 6:00pm
Wednesday, October 12: ACT WorkKeys Test For Seniors: 8:30am
Thursday, October 12: PreACT Test For Sophomores: 8:30am
Friday, November 11: Veterans Day, No School
Monday, November 21 - Friday, November 25: Thanksgiving Break, No School
Friday, December 16: Half Day for Students, End of the First Semester
Monday, December 19 - Tuesday, January 3: Winter Break, No School
Tuesday, April 11: ACT Plus Writing Test For Juniors: 8:30am
Resources For Families
If you need your username and password, email email@example.com
All Huntsville City Schools Athletic events require tickets to be bought on GoFan this year.