September 21, 2022
Spotlight on Kindergarten!
Friday, September 30th- No school for Teachers & Students
Band: 5th- 8th grade
Band is offered at Immaculate Conception starting in 5th grade!
- The students meet during their music class time
- The students perform at the Christmas and Spring Concert at Watterson High School
- instrument fittings will happen on Monday Oct 3rd at 7pm in the Marian Hall **
the fitting is NOT a commitment, but the first time the students get to see if they would like to try
band. You will receive information about signing up after the fittings if you and your child choose to do band.
- instrument rental is through Rettig Music in Dublin at Sawmill and 161
** please contact Jim Swanson, Band Director, with any questions!!! **
Choir: 4th-8th Grade
We are inviting those students who are interested in singing in the school choir to join our ranks in the choir loft. At this point, the choir sings at our Wednesday morning school Mass with the expectation that they may be needed for some parish events. Our mission is to bring the gospel message to our people through song. Below are the guidelines and expectations.
Fourth through eighth grades
Sing the school Mass Wednesdays at 8:30 A.M.
Sing special feasts throughout the school year
Weekend Mass during school events, such as Catholic Schools Week
Sing for one of the Parish Christmas Masses
Rehearsals are every Friday and Tuesday at 12:05 and are returned by 12:35.
These are during their recess time, and they will be expected to be at rehearsals once they have made the commitment.
All forms are due by Friday, Sept. 23rd
Ellie Pavich- 8th Grade
Help us as a school community to grow closer to You in this academic year. We strive to be more like You and pray that You will guide us through our everyday activities. God, we pray that You will help us to start off on the right foot this school year. Guide us to try our hardest and proceed to do our best work. Thank you for granting us the desires of our hearts. Amen
Olivia Starkey- 8th Grade
I want to thank you for blessing us with all of these amazing things and opportunities like being able to go to this school and getting to become closer to you every day. Thank you Lord for guiding me in the right path and helping me spread your word even though I sometimes get distracted by worldly things. I want to pray that all kids will get to experience your grace and get to learn about you. I also want to pray for all of the people who have drifted away from you that they will find you again. Amen
Anna Marie Wheeler- 8th Grade
Shout out to the cafeteria staff & parent volunteers last Wednesday!
The volunteers were champions in assisting in the cafeteria Wednesday when the pizza delivery was delayed. The 6th, 7th and 8th graders had recess first as they waited for the pizza to arrive. Once the pizza arrived, the quick, pizza cutting action of Elizabeth DeLuca helped prep that pizza in seconds for the hungry junior high students. The team in the kitchen handled the difficult situation with poise and quick action. Thanks to all of them.
Internet Safety Presentation for Parents
- Is your 11-18 year old using TikTok or SnapChat? Do you even know what these platforms are meant to do? (Spoiler alert: neither one of these apps should exist anywhere in your home)
- Are you aware that the overwhelming percentage of children are regular consumers of online pornography? And by the way, they don’t think it’s a big deal.
- Did you know that your tweens and teens are regularly making it incredibly easy for sexual predators and “cyberbullies” to stalk them?
- Did you know that chances are that your child has been the cyberbully at least a couple of times?
If any of these surprised you, come and learn more at the Internet Safety for Parents
presentation on TUESDAY OCTOBER 4 th, 7-9PM in Marian Hall
Mark your calendars for TUESDAY evening OCTOBER 4 th, 7-9PM. The Home and School
Association is excited to be hosting Jesse Weinberger, nationally recognized Internet Safety
speaker, TEDx Presenter, host of Big Mama’s House Podcast and author of ‘The Boogeyman
Exists: And He’s in Your Child’s Back Pocket.
This event is for ADULTS only. Jesse will be presenting to students (grades 4-8) prior to the adult presentation. Regardless of your child’s age, this information is invaluable to all parents and caregivers. The presentation will touch on proactive and reactive strategies of internet safety. How often have you said, “I wish I had known this sooner…”? It’s never too early to learn about internet safety and it’s never too late to learn something new that will enable our children to safely navigate the digital world.
HASA & ICAA
Fall Sports Schedule
Fall sports are in full swing. Please click the link below to see the full calendar of events happening this weekend. Please come out and support our Rams student athletes!
MUM Sale Results
CONGRATULATIONS to the whole school for helping us get SO close to our Mum Sale Goal with a total of 1,965 MUMS! Since we had such a big goal and the students worked so hard to get us there, Ms. Kent has agreed to award us all with a DRESS DOWN day. (This Friday September 23rd)
Kindergarten was the winner of the Donut Party with 260 Plants sold!
Junior High Dance
For families wanting to become members of HASA, dues are $20 annually. You can still pay your dues by sending a check with your child to school in an envelope marked HASA or click here to pay online ($1 added for online processing): https://checkout.square.site/merchant/BFC8HT312036J/checkout/T65OODIK5FB4QLVO4TMGPR2H.
HASA Dues support various events for the students and teachers throughout the year. These include teacher appre...
Rusty Bucket night
Please bring your appetites to our neighborhood Rusty Bucket on Wednesday September 21st (dine in or carry out!) to help support our school! Bring flyer or use code during online check out so all sales get credited to IC. Thanks!
IC & OLP Ski and Snowboard Club 2022
- September 21- First Reconciliation Parent Meeting- 2nd Grade (7:00 p.m.) Church
- September 21- Dine-in Or Takeout At Rusty Bucket
- September 23- Mum Sale All School Dress Down Day
- September 27- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- September 28- Confirmation Parent Meeting (7:00 p.m.) Church
- September 30- No School (Principal's Retreat)
- October 3- 5th Grade Band Parenting Meeting (7:00 p.m.) Marian Hall
- October 4- Internet Safety Presentation for Parents/ Caregivers (7:00 p.m.) Marian Hall
- October 4- Pet Blessing (2:00 p.m.)
- October 5-7- 6th Grade Faith and Science Retreat- Damascus
- October 12-14- 7th 7th Grade Leadership Retreat
- October 21-23- 8th Grade Confirmation Retreat
You can subscribe to the calendar from your FACTS portal too! Just click on the link and then choose subscribe at the top right. You can either chose my classrooms, my homework, or both.
You can also click on this link : https://www.ic-school.org/calendar/ then subscribe to the school calendar and all the events will be imported to your calendar.
If you use Outlook/iCalendar, you can click on this link to have it added.