Mrs. Reeg's Math Class News
Week of January 5, 2016
This Week In Math:
This week we continued to practice how to model multiplication of fractions. We worked on story problems with multiplication of fractions with whole numbers or fractions. We also learned how to multiply improper fractions by a fraction. Next week we will learn how to multiply and model mixed numbers and whole numbers. There will be a quiz next week on multiplication of fractions before we move into division of fractions. Below I have included two videos. The first video explains how to multiply fractions with whole numbers. The second video explains how to multiply mixed numbers together.
Video on multiplying fractions and whole numbers.
Multiplying Mixed Numbers
Full Band and full orchestra begins
Students will begin practicing as an entire band or orchestra beginning in January. These lessons will be held in addition to their usual lessons. Students will need to remember to bring their instruments on both days. Full band rehearsals will be held every other Friday beginning Jan. 8th. Full orchestra rehearsals will begin Friday, Jan. 8th as well.
Friendly reminders and upcoming events
- Juggling Club on Monday, January 11th after school.
- Student Council Meeting on Monday, January 11th after school.
- Community night at Five Guys on Tuesday, January 12th from 5-8pm. When you order mention that you are there to support Sterling Morton PTA. Five Guys will donate up to 25% of your purchase to our PTA!
- Marco's pizza night Tuesday, Jan. 12th
- Candid picture day is Wednesday, Jan. 13th
- 5th grade Intramurals Thursday, Jan. 14th after school
- Family Bowling Night is Friday, January 15th from 6-8pm. Don't forget to RSVP. Flyer was sent home this week.
- No school on Monday, Jan. 18th - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Cookie Dough orders due on Friday, Jan. 22nd
- Don't forget to purchase your child's yearbook. Sale is going on now.
Cookie Dough Fundraiser
Our most delicious fundraiser is here! This fundraiser provides Student Council with funds to make learning fun for our Morton family. It also provides us with revenue to be charitable. So far this year we have donated approximately $2000 to support Morton families in need. We are so proud of our kids for their generosity and compassion. Cookie Dough orders are due on Friday, Jan. 22nd.