August 5, 2021
A Note from Ms. Owens
Packet Pick Up is next week! Wow! This summer has flown by for me, but I'm so looking forward to seeing our school families and hearing the squeals and laughter of our students. It's very quiet here without them!
The picture of what this school year will look like has grown clearer in the last few weeks. I've included a link to the Archdiocese's communication to school families that went out in the second half of July. That letter discusses changes regarding cohorts and quarantines, the return of extracurricular activities, the reopening of libraries and computer labs and more.
Additional information on masking should be coming from the Archdiocese this week. However, please know that the governor's announcement requiring masks in schools applies to both public and non-public schools in Illinois. So the requirement does include all schools in the Archdiocese.
On a different note, in order to provide more time for effective professional development for our teachers, we will be instituting a 1PM dismissal one Wednesday of each month beginning with Wednesday, September 15. We will be sharing a list of these days and adding them to the school calendar in the next week or two. After care will be available on these particular early dismissal days.
A Bit More News
- The sign up for Supply Drop Off for our PK through 1st grade students will be available the day after Packet Pick-Up. The hours will be 12:30PM-3PM on Wednesday, August 18. I will post the link here and you will receive an email with the information via School Messenger.
- If you know of an SCA family who owns a small business that we can publicize here to help support them, please reach out to me via email. Scroll down to see local businesses we can support.
Please continue to pray for our medical professionals, our first responders, our essential front line workers as they work to ensure the health and safety of our larger community.
Packet Pick-Up Day
- Families that would like to complete all paperwork in advance will have an opportunity to pick up the paperwork envelope on Wednesday, August 11. Any adult can pick up the envelope (neighbors, grandparents, etc.) in the church vestibule between 8AM and 1PM that day.
- We plan on holding Packet Pick-Up outside in the main parking lot like we did last year. We will have a rain plan in case the weather does not cooperate.
- Please sign up for a time slot in the sign up below.
- Families will need to have completed their paperwork in order to begin the Packet Pick Up process.
- Please click on the button below for more important details.
The 10th Annual Charge On 5K Run/Walk
After taking a year off, we are excited to announce that the 10th Annual Charge On 5K Run/Walk will be taking place on Saturday, August 14th at 8am. You can run, walk, or volunteer for the event! There is something for everyone!
- Below you will find a link to sign up for the race.
- Volunteer sign up information will be coming out soon!
- If you are interested in helping plan the event, please reach out to Kelly Evans at email@example.com.
- Underneath the registration link, you will also find sponsorship materials in the event you or someone you know may be interested in sponsoring our 10th Annual Charge On 5K!
We are so excited to have an in-person event to kick off the new school year! We hope to see everyone there!
School Uniform and Dress Code
Another area of the school dress code that relaxed due to Covid was sweatshirts and hoodies. Because we had to keep windows open even during the winter months, we were often lax in requiring students to wear SCA uniform sweatshirts. When we resume school in August, K-8 students will be expected to follow the school dress code which means "students may wear St. Catherine uniform crewneck sweatshirts or fleece (optional). Other sweatshirts, including SCA spiritwear and hooded sweatshirts, are not permitted during the school day but are permitted for outdoor activities such as recess" (from the Uniform section of the SCA Student-Parent Handbook).
The Sunday Collection
Visit the link below to set up your recurring contribution. Donors can change the amount of the contribution or pause it at any time.
Ways to Support Our Local Small Businesses
If you know of an SCA family who owns a small business that we can publicize here to help support them, please reach out to me via email.
This restaurant is owned by the same family that owns Bar 106, where our Queen of Hearts Raffle is hosted.
This full-service fencing company is owned by an SCA family.
This certified public accounting firm is owned by an SCA family.
So Many On-going Ways to Support St. Catherine!
Sunday, August 8
- Back to School Blessing and Breakfast at 11:30AM Mass
Thursday, August 12
- Packet Pick-Up Day from 4PM-7PM (sign up for time slot)
Wednesday, August 18
- Supply Drop-Off for PK, K and 1st Grade from 12:30PM-3PM (sign up available on 8/13)
Thursday, August 19
First Day of School
- K-8th 8AM-11AM
- PK 8AM - 10AM
Friday, August 20
- PK-8th 8AM-1PM
Monday, August 23
- First Full Day of School