Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 10/1/2018
Principal Selection Process Extended
The principal selection process for Madison has been extended to November to allow for more applicants to be considered. I will remain as interim principal until Thanksgiving break. Read more.
Homecoming Spirit Week
College-bound Symposium, Oct. 11, 2018 (Minimum Day; 12:30 release)
Wednesday, October 10th is PSAT/College Bound Symposium day at Madison / 7:25 – 12:30 minimum day
All Students Report to Advisory at 7:25 a.m. for direction
- Grade 9 - students participate in specially created activities for team building and career interests
- Grades 10 & 11 - students take the practice SAT – no makeup test
- Grade 12 – College Bound Symposium for all seniors / Seniors know your Social Security number, if you have one, to begin the FAFSA
Community college bound students – field trip to Mesa CC- permission slip required by Oct. 5, 2018.
4-year college bound students– remain on campus (PAC) for the symposium – All Senior Parents are welcome to attend 7:45- 9:00 a.m.
- Focus Upon College for the Class of 2019 – Preparing for a Range of Options
- Review of Portfolio Resources
- Breakout sessions for college applications and FAFSA
Open House, Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018, 5:30 pm, PAC
Dr. Travis Ehlers, DC, CCSP
Dr. Ehlers has been supporting and working with the Madison Warhawks for eight years, respectively serving as the sideline doctor for both our football and baseball programs. He is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) who focuses on family wellness, pediatrics, sports injuries, and auto accidents. Since he is such an avid supporter of our Warhawk community, we would love to continue to support Dr. Ehlers in the growth of his practice. Please feel free to contact him to schedule an appointment! Be sure to tell him you’re a Warhawk!
Family Notices for the Week:
- For the safety of your student, lunch delivery is not allowed from services such as Lyft and Uber Eats at lunchtime or any other time during the day; lunch deliveries will be confiscated and held in the main office until the end of the school day.
- Parents may only deliver lunches in person and must deliver the meal to the main office prior to the start of lunch. Students are not permitted beyond the 100 building during the lunch period to pick up food.
- Student who become ill during the school day must first see the school nurse before requesting to be picked up from school; the school nurse or health technician will determine if the student needs to go home and call the parent.
- After School homework help is underway, Monday through Thursday, 2:30-3:30 pm, in the library; Ms. Ulibarri is there on Monday, Mr. Stout and Mr. Rucobo on Tuesday; Ms. Chase and Ms. Lee on Wednesday and Ms. Barrett on Thursday; students should request a late bus pass from IMIN if they stay after school.